1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choices

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by dodger747, Jun 6, 2005.

1. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Hey guys,
    sorry to start another which one thread but...

I'm going to buy my first digital camera[making the jump from film] and really can't make my mind up on which camera to get. I don't want anything to elaborate yet, just a nice starter camera.

I was thinking of getting a Canon PowerShot S1 or maybe the S2 version [or something of a similar style & price :) ]

Any ideas/comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The S2 is the the one to go for out of those two. There's also the panasonic and olympus range of zooms. Subjective thing what's best. I personally would look at the panasonics and the S2, the canons digic ll chip will really help with noise due to high iso's which is a common problem with digital cameras

Best thing to do is to go to jessops and buy a panasonic FZ20 and the S2 try them for a week and send the other one back for a refund jessops are good with refunds, no real excuse needed 28 day return ect.

3. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Has anyone actually tried to return a camera then? As I don't want to be lumbered with 2 cameras and no money. Is Jessops the place to get it from then and not the net?

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jessops will pricematch the net. I took a £1021 lens back no problem, there is a 28 day return no questions asked policy as long as it's not worn ect.

5. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Ah... thanks a lot for the info, think I'll be making a trip down to my local Jessops then.

6. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Of course dont tell them what you plan to do, it might actually be the case you just like the look and feel of one over another and bu one there and then. Print a few different sites off from pricerunner, make sure they're uk based give the tel number to. Take them with you and you'll get a pricematch