1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choices, choices

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by maj74, Jul 12, 2002.

1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    At the end of the day, you've got to decide how good the warranty from each is from each company. I mean buying new from a credited retailer has got to involve at least a one year warranty. Also woth finding out is if the dealers you're looking at will fire the machine up before you take it away and check if their are any dead/stuck mirrors/pixels. If it develops any in like the first few weeks, will they exchange it or whatever...

These are the questions you need to think about. Given you've got your answers to those, then yes, absolutely, go for the machine with the better picture quality. I mean after all, that's what you;re buying it for :)

With regards to bulb life, it depends how much you intend to use it. My projector tends to be a 'let's watch a decent film at the weekend' sort of machine and the odd other occasion, which meant that even a 1000 hour bulb had a fair life in it.

Good luck with the deciding!