1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choices,choices

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GCDB, Jan 7, 2005.

1. GCDB

GCDB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all.
    I have been reading these forums for a while and asking a few questions about what to

buy.I want either a 42" plasma or a 37" lcd and cant make my mind up due to several

factors.
    One being is i cant seem to find locally a good set up for either. I was thinking of the

pw6 but only have seen one displaying a component dvd signal, not a sky/freeview

signal,but even better would be to see a signal from a stb js rgb to vga which is

recommended.Does anyone know of anywhere local to me(wrexham) which might be able to do

this setup.The same goes for a 37"lcd(thinking of sharp as local factory and can get

reduced prices from factory outlet).The philips is a little over budget for me at moment.
    The advice to go for either plasma/lcd seems to be go and find a good setup for each(ie

not currys etc) and see which you like best.
    Would the vierra showing freeview in currys be an example of what sky/freeview would be

like on a pw6 as it is the same panel? dont shoot me for that if im wrong!
    Anyway my budget is really only up to 2k and also not sure what the pw6 would be like for

ps2 or xbox(future buy dont tell wifey) with the sd panel.
    The viewing would be mostly sky/freeview with a few movies per week.
    Any help appreciated.