Choices, choices, can you help please.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by psi2244, Feb 10, 2009.

1. psi2244

psi2244
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm just in the process of purchasing a Panasonic TH46PZ85 and a Onkyo TXSR606, I now need to find some speakers to compliment them. The room is 14ft long and the viewing distance is about 10ft long. Budget is anything from £200 to £600. They really need to be majority black in colour but can have some silver in them (to please the missus). They will be used mainly for Sky HD, PS3 gaming, blu ray films and streaming 1080p from pc, music will be the least important tbh.

Any help would be glady appreciated, thanks in advance, steve.

2. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +651
    That's quite a budget variation..

At the bottom end of it you have:

Jamo A102HCS5 5.1 Home Cinema Speaker Package 500W: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Which are pretty good, but the extra money does get you a lot more!

Examples include:
    TANNOY ARENA 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM WITH TS300 SUBWOOFER - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/4333 for details
    Mordaunt Short Alumni
    Acoustic Energy Aego T
    KEF KHT2005.3 HOME CINEMA SPEAKER SYSTEM - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/4360 for details

All are very good but have slight tonal differences.... as with all things, i'd recommend a demo before parting with that kind of cash!

Budget killer but stunning!
    Online Store - Audio T

3. psi2244

psi2244
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it is aint it, spose with the 200 I was hoping something would pop up cheap and tasteful. Ideally I could do without getting too close to 600 but its there if i need it.

I havent heard any of the ones you have suggested but on looks/price I have always liked the look of the Mordaunts, I'd not even considered the Tannoys but I did deffo consider the Kef's specially as they reminded me of my Logitech Z-680 speakers that I used to use on my PC setup.