• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Choices - again I know. LG/Sammy/Panny

rhodos

In Costco they have each of Sammy 1600, LG 370 and Panny BD 60 for £150 inc vat.

I like the
-looks of the Sammy
- The Coax out of the LG (no spare optical unless I decomm my PS3 altogether)
- the SD card slot of the Panny (cant imagine having a USB card hanging out the front of the other two).

I dont like
- the reported noise of the Sammy (i read on here)
- the reported slowness of the Panny (I read on here)
- the ugly font of the LG which the wife would kill me for

I hate these help me decide requests - but help me decide :)
I want a good looking, Coax out, speedy BD player (also to be used for DVD) that costs around £150. If I can get over the looks of the 370 I'll go for it - perhaps another visit tthis morning......

Note - I coulc always use a opt to coax converter (I have one in a box somewhere) so I think the Sammy could win it on looks but it has to be much quieter than the PS3 (the reason I am getting one anyway) and I hear (pun) its not!!

awink1

Distinguished Member
In Costco they have each of Sammy 1600, LG 370 and Panny BD 60 for £150 inc vat.

I like the
-looks of the Sammy
- The Coax out of the LG (no spare optical unless I decomm my PS3 altogether)
- the SD card slot of the Panny (cant imagine having a USB card hanging out the front of the other two).

I dont like
- the reported noise of the Sammy (i read on here)
- the reported slowness of the Panny (I read on here)
- the ugly font of the LG which the wife would kill me for

I hate these help me decide requests - but help me decide :)
I want a good looking, Coax out, speedy BD player (also to be used for DVD) that costs around £150. If I can get over the looks of the 370 I'll go for it - perhaps another visit tthis morning......

Note - I coulc always use a opt to coax converter (I have one in a box somewhere) so I think the Sammy could win it on looks but it has to be much quieter than the PS3 (the reason I am getting one anyway) and I hear (pun) its not!!

Go to Blockbuster where they have the LG BD360 which is a 370 with a plain fascia and you get 3 recent Blu's all for 149...

And then there is the LG BD390 which looks like the Sony BDP 550 (very smart) from the front, but incorporates DNLA media streaming and NTFS compatibility for 20 quid above your budget... :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom