Choice of two between Samsung & Sony

DaliDave

I'm looking to upgrade our 40” TV in the lounge with a budget up to £700 and was originally looking at the Phillips ambilgiht sets 50PUS8555 but been reading some bad reviews with various issues.

My main source will be a Virgin Tivo box watching mainly football, Netflix and some movies.

I've now decided to focus my attention on -
Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU
Samsung QE50Q60T

Which would best suit my needs? What is the Sony impleatstion of Android like and is it running Android 10 now?

Thanks in advance.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
I'm looking to upgrade our 40” TV in the lounge with a budget up to £700 and was originally looking at the Phillips ambilgiht sets 50PUS8555 but been reading some bad reviews with various issues.

My main source will be a Virgin Tivo box watching mainly football, Netflix and some movies.

I've now decided to focus my attention on -
Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU
Samsung QE50Q60T

Which would best suit my needs? What is the Sony impleatstion of Android like and is it running Android 10 now?

Thanks in advance.

The XG9005 is the much better television out of the Philips and the Q60. I'm not entirely sure which Android the Sony will be on, but I suspect it will be 8.0 and it should get the update to 9.0. 8.0 is still very good.

Dodgexander

The 49XH9505 is a marginal upgrade over the 49XG9005. Since its a new model it probably will cost a lot more to buy currently. If you want that model you're best waiting for its price to come down. One area that is better is smart TV. It runs faster on the newer TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom