1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choice of television

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mobily, Jan 4, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all,

After a lot of thought and I have finally chosen the sony dav-s550. With budget and space in mind I believe I have made the right decision for my first home cinema system. It also plays cd's to a high standard too!

My next dilemma is what television I should purchase to accompany my system. I have my eye on a couple of televisions. Mainly the JVCAV28T25 which my dad has and seems to be an excellent tv.

However the other television I have in mind is the following:

http://www.dvdltd.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/378

I am just wondering if anyone thinks this television would suit my system. The reason I am leaning towards this one is the component video input. However I am yet to visit Comet to see how the 100hz copes with football/fast moving films.

Any experiences people have had would be gratefully received,

James :p

2. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you do a search for 28zd26 then it will bring up all the info people have on here about it, (there is quiet a bit).

Personally if you have seen a tv as intimately as you will have been able to with your dads set and liked it then if you get anything else and it has a quirke that is beyond what your dads set is like your going to be dissapointed.