Choice of 75" LCD

Charlie Brown

Good evening. I'm on the lookout for a 75" (or maybe 85") LCD TV for a new room that is being built, which will have a full wall of bifolds, a large window opposite the TV and a roof lantern. It's therefore going to be bright most of the time, although the plan is to have blinds including for the roof lantern. Sound quality is not a consideration as will always be using the AVR. I’ve shortlisted the Samsung QE75QN94A and Sony XR-75X95J. I've been favoring the Sony as we watch alot of Disney Plus and Netflix so the Dolby Vision is appealing, plus i believe the upscaling is excellent however i wonder if the Samsung has a better picture quality.
Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

Dodgexander

Dolby Vision support is not something that should be a defining factor between deciding between one TV and another, that is unless there's nothing else that sets two TVs apart. A TV that has better picture quality down to other factors that plays Dolby Vision titles using only HDR10 is going to look better than a TV that has worse picture quality but plays titles in Dolby Vision.

The QN94A is really an overall better TV than the X95J. In your shoes I'd also consider the 85" Samsung models QN90A and up. All in my guide here:

Charlie Brown

Dolby Vision support is not something that should be a defining factor between deciding between one TV and another, that is unless there's nothing else that sets two TVs apart. A TV that has better picture quality down to other factors that plays Dolby Vision titles using only HDR10 is going to look better than a TV that has worse picture quality but plays titles in Dolby Vision.

The QN94A is really an overall better TV than the X95J. In your shoes I'd also consider the 85" Samsung models QN90A and up. All in my guide here:
Thank you, i will take another look at the Samsung, plus reassess whether to go for the 85".

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom