1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choice between Nokia 6230i and Samsung D500

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by 3T3L1, Aug 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 3T3L1

3T3L1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    It's the time of year again where I'm frantically scanning mobile reviews for my next upgrade. I've narrowed it down to a Nokia 6230i or Samsung D500.

I've previously owned Nokias but last time had a Samsung E700 which was OK, but I grew to hate the clamshell design and the annoying Samsung bugs (eg can't automatically turn off predictive text, can't have a vibrating ringtone if its not an mmf file etc etc). It also broke a bit easily for my liking

I was all set on getting a Nokia 6230i but then started hearing bad things about the battery life, then saw a review for the D500 which was very complimentary. At the moment, its about 50-50 between the two, with one thing that may be swinging it towards the Nokia is the fact that I'll be getting it on Orange and everyone's been slagging off the D500 firmware on Orange.

I'm looking for a phone with a decent battery life - I'd rather have a larger phone with a longer life then a small one that I have to charge every day or so. I also couldn't give one about the camera or memory size on either - yes it's nice to have a camera and listen to music on a phone but I'm mainly buying it to speak to or text people, and I can't do that if it's constantly running out of battery!

Basically - anyone want to give some honest advice and feedback if you or your mates own either (or even both!) of these phones - would be much appreciated! I'll be ordering the phone soon, so get typing..!

Cheers!

2. fdxd

fdxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    6230i

Expandable memory higher resolution screen. Better internet capability. Takes better pictures etc. Its a better phone. Battery life is very long lasting. I think you got confused with Nokias 3G phones which are very high tech anyway.

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    6230i is a bit "Yawn" though don't you think. just a.n.other square nokia off the line.

Cue the Nokia faithfull reposnses on how it is the best phone (yes it probably is) but it's just so dull

4. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    K750i - Great battery life, expandable memory and all the bells & whistles.

5. 3T3L1

3T3L1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Thanks guys, have gone with the Nokia.

6. twicenightly

twicenightly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good choice, I recently had both these phones and the 6230i was far better (the battery on it was way better too)

7. john249

john249

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good choice. I have a Samsung phone and also receive the problems that you had with your old samsung phone. It is sometimes annoying when you have to text.