Chocoholics beware

They've already done it once before

Oh wait, sultana's... yuck!

If it's anything like their invoicing then it's going to be pretty dire. That's only since the takeover

mob-goes-after-frankstein.jpg

Mondelez does it again...

Adding sultanas? Excellent! :thumbsup:

So long as they don't cut the amount of chocolate in a bar and bulk out the weight with sultanas.

I used to buy Cadbury's big whole nut bars, but these days much of the bar consists of broken smaller pieces of nut so now I get my whole nut bars from Aldi (I think they are made in Germany).

Adding sultanas? Excellent! :thumbsup:

So long as they don't cut the amount of chocolate in a bar and bulk out the weight with sultanas.

I used to buy Cadbury's big whole nut bars, but these days much of the bar consists of broken smaller pieces of nut so now I get my whole nut bars from Aldi (I think they are made in Germany).
Wasn't much chocolate left in them anyway. Mainly vegetable fat.

Wasn't much chocolate left in them anyway. Mainly vegetable fat.

Yep - that's why they aren't allowed to call them 'chocolate bars'. Hardly suitable for a chocolate aficionado :p

What makes me
Laugh is the piece says it is not a cost cutting measure - it is ro add variety. Then Cadburys clarify that in ready tests nobody could tell the difference. Then in some Twitter thingy at the end the wnd saying they needed to use sultanas instead of some raisins so the bat remained affordable

Complete and utter twaddle from Cadburys. They did taste tests to confirm what portion of cheaper sultanas could be added without anybody noticing. There will be no reduction in price to make it more affordable - what they meant to say was that this move would delay a price increase for a month or two until everybody forgets. Or possibly enable them to hold the inevitable price increase to "only" 2% now. Then they will do a 20% extra free campaign and then reduce the size and increase the price (again if applicable). Par for the course IMO.

What makes me
Laugh is the piece says it is not a cost cutting measure - it is ro add variety. Then Cadburys clarify that in ready tests nobody could tell the difference. Then in some Twitter thingy at the end the wnd saying they needed to use sultanas instead of some raisins so the bat remained affordable

Complete and utter twaddle from Cadburys. They did taste tests to confirm what portion of cheaper sultanas could be added without anybody noticing. There will be no reduction in price to make it more affordable - what they meant to say was that this move would delay a price increase for a month or two until everybody forgets. Or possibly enable them to hold the inevitable price increase to "only" 2% now. Then they will do a 20% extra free campaign and then reduce the size and increase the price (again if applicable). Par for the course IMO.

It's funny how all these companies keep doing this. Yet 20yrs ago a 2lt bottle of Pepsi was £1 and today it's still £1

Haven't even looked at the size of a quality street tin this year. Won't be long before they start selling it in a clear plastic tub or even a bag!

Quality isn't really the right name for them now, all done to keep the price down.

Don't buy Cadbury any more. A shame as I used to love Dairy Milk but despite what Cadbury claim, it HAS changed, I can taste it. Waitrose own brand for me now.

Don't buy Cadbury any more. A shame as I used to love Dairy Milk but despite what Cadbury claim, it HAS changed, I can taste it. Waitrose own brand for me now.
Tastes very gritty to me. Used to love Galaxy too. Kinda gone off chocolate in my adult years but think it may actually be because they changed what the chocolate is. Seems to have a sour taste.

I love Ritter Sport that you get in waitrose. Very yummy.

It's like Ritter Sport, started selling in UK supermarkets then they made an Anglicised version.
Crap.

On the subject of chocolate when i was young i was told not to eat too much as it would make me sick well i ignored that advice and just shovelled the easter eggs down my throat and no it didn't make me feel sick, fast foward to a couple of months ago i ate a whole bar of 85% chocolate and yes it made me feel sick, so much so i bought five bars ate two and couldn't eat anymore i had to give the other three bars away. :eek:

I've also stopped eating all cadbury products. I used to make my own rocky road but one day the chocolate just wouldn't melt, it just turned into a stodgy grainy mess. I tried to melt the chocolate exactly as I've always done, in a bowl over a pan of hot, not boiling water with no contact between the water and the bowl.

Not getting my dosh anymore.

It's like Ritter Sport, started selling in UK supermarkets then they made an Anglicised version.
Crap.
Oh really? I know nothing about the brand or when any changes occurred. Not had any in o ear a year mind.
What's the story?

It's German and the supermarkets started selling that in the UK then after a few months they made the Anglicised version - more sugar and fat, less cocoa.
When I have been to Germany I made sure to bring some back, especially the hazelnut (volle nuss).

It's German and the supermarkets started selling that in the UK then after a few months they made the Anglicised version - more sugar and fat, less cocoa.
When I have been to Germany I made sure to bring some back, especially the hazelnut (volle nuss).
Hazelnut is my fave, they really do fill it full of nuts.

Something they know how to use there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom