Chivalry 2

Kravenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is anyone else playing this? I played some of the original and it was a fun idea if a little janky.

I've picked this up after watching some gameplay vids and it seems a lot more polished. 64 player maps with objectives and classes.

I started last night and while there's definitely a learning curve to the combat (definitely play the tutorial) it's been great fun sieging and defending castles. Time will tell if it has any staying power as is often the case with MP only games like this.

I've got this. Paid £8 from the Argentina store 😜

Really good fun and battles are epic.
Very hectic but does require skill as well so worth getting imo.

Downloaded last night as its just come to Game Pass, not played it yet

I picked this up at launch last year and played a fair bit with a couple of mates. We stopped playing for two reasons: the skill cap is reasonably high, so we started getting beaten by young whippersnappers on their PCs. And while you can disable x-play, it makes it harder to get a game.

The second reason was while I don't think it was related, the matchmaking seemed to break a bit after one of the patches, and a lot lobbies seemed to have a high bot count thereafter. Game Pass might give it a nice boost (if it's even still a problem; might not be).

All that said, I really enjoyed it, and keep meaning to go back.

- Don't take it too seriously. There's loads of fun to be had, emotes and silly in-game moments (like picking up chickens) are brilliant, along with the cheesy dialogue.

- The combat is surprisingly nuanced and you can definitely get a lot better with some practice. Good players stand out a mile. Kills are satisfying and sufficiently meaty.

- The maps and objective game modes are good fun, so just mess around with classes and have a blast.

- Dev support is really good and has been consistent since launch.

- Stick with a particular weapon for a while. It usually takes some time to get a feel for it, find the range and how best to use it.

Just watched a SkyCaptain video on YouTube and this looks great, downloading now. Really enjoyed Killing Floor and Red Orchestra games by Tripwire in years gone by, so hopes are high.

I had a play over the w/end & got to level 9, wow what a mental game.
First hour or so I felt like I was constantly dying & respawning, but slowly started to get the hang of it.
Main thing is don't try & attack groups...one on one is the way forward

Other than that I'm enjoying it

I had a play over the w/end & got to level 9, wow what a mental game.
First hour or so I felt like I was constantly dying & respawning, but slowly started to get the hang of it.
Main thing is don't try & attack groups...one on one is the way forward

Other than that I'm enjoying it
From the video I watched at the weekend 2 on 1 in your favour is the way forward :D

From the video I watched at the weekend 2 on 1 in your favour is the way forward :D
At least!

@Chromedome if you charge in with a group of allies and then look around to find they've all disappeared / died and you're facing off against a large group, RUN AWAY! Or they'll fetchez la vache.

Been playing those obsessively the last few weeks.

Absolutely loving it, despite not being much good :laugh:

Just hit 1000 kills last night, so must be doing something right!

Still getting way more takedowns than kills, but at least I’m well last the stage where TD/Kills actually outnumber deaths!

While it’s always nice to win, this is the sort of game that it’s just so much fun to play, it doesn’t really matter if you win or lose, at least it doesn’t to me.

Forgot to mention, free to play this weekend for anyone that wants to try it and doesn’t have GamePass.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom