Chippy Chip Shops

dan54

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas why chip shops dont sell fish fingers? Most kids would buy them wouldnt they? Havent got the bottle to ask in the chippy!

Good point ?

One quite close to me does - but only as part of a kids meal they do....

our local chippy does the best chippy chip chips ever! /drool

There is a chip shop near me that fry's the fish and chips in beef dripping.. :smashin: outstanding

I'd never thought about this before ... but yeah it does seem strange that "fish and chip" shops don't do fish fingers but will quite happily keep themselves stocked high to the rafters in sausages .... weird.

I'd never thought about this before ... but yeah it does seem strange that "fish and chip" shops don't do fish fingers but will quite happily keep themselves stocked high to the rafters in sausages .... weird.

Steve, just wondering, i'm sure you have been to the city chippy? It is the best chippy ever IMO :)

Steve, just wondering, i'm sure you have been to the city chippy? It is the best chippy ever IMO :)

funnily enough I haven't. The new one is next to MaryD's whereas the traditional city chippy was behind the North Stand at the end of the road opposite the school ..... haven't been to either!

(Does that make me a bad City fan?)

My local fish shop is famous for its foot long fish :eek:. You can get plenty of fish fingers out of the. It spans 2 full dinner plates :D

+They also sell fish fingers and do kids meals ;)

When we go to Aston Villa there is a "Villa Fish Bar" my mate takes me to that does a foot long fish .... they serve it in a plastic tray and it hangs over both sides on a bed of chips ... very difficult to eat .... but I always managed :cool:

Maybe it's because it's easy enough to cook fish fingers yourself so when people buy from a chippy they want something that they can't replicate at home?

Maybe it's because it's easy enough to cook fish fingers yourself so when people buy from a chippy they want something that they can't replicate at home?

i think you're right about that when it comes to ...

chips (hmmm ...chippy chips)
gravy
fish
mushy peas

you just can't get the taste of those the same at home ...

gravy
fish
mushy peas

I used to love chips and gravy, not sure why I stopped getting it.

My local fish shop is famous for its foot long fish :eek:. You can get plenty of fish fingers out of the. It spans 2 full dinner plates :D

+They also sell fish fingers and do kids meals ;)

Armstrongs in Prestwich :thumbsup:

funnily enough I haven't. The new one is next to MaryD's whereas the traditional city chippy was behind the North Stand at the end of the road opposite the school ..... haven't been to either!

(Does that make me a bad City fan?)

Ah ok, i've been to the new one a few times and the chips are delicious, didn't go to the old one though.

gravy
fish
mushy peas

Certainly shows you are a northerner! Can't understand the whole chips/gravy thing. Just use ketchup or mayo!

never been to armstrongs i think ill go this week
folk down south dont have gravy on there chips do they its all mayo and salad cream :confused::D

Surely the point of a fish and chip shop is they get fresh fish, use their batter recipe and fry it. If they were to re-shape fish into fingers it would be fiddly and time consuming so they'd have to buy in fish fingers which would be pointless and they may not do too well in a deep fryer.

Surely the point of a fish and chip shop is they get fresh fish, use their batter recipe and fry it. If they were to re-shape fish into fingers it would be fiddly and time consuming so they'd have to buy in fish fingers which would be pointless and they may not do too well in a deep fryer.

So why do fishcakes then? Surely most kids would take fish fingers over them.

Use to like fishscones, which were 2 masive slices of potato with a fish in the middle cooked in batter.

Use to like fishscones, which were 2 masive slices of potato with a fish in the middle cooked in batter.

Ahh, we called them Fish Patties... I think they're the same thing as you're on about, very nice!

folk down south dont have gravy on there chips do they its all mayo and salad cream :confused::D

That's weird... mayonaise? Bloody southerners :D Gave me a nice bit of curry sauce any day!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom