Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

chipping in Southampton area

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by julesHem, Dec 11, 2001.

1. julesHem

julesHem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to my posting below, does anyone know of anywhere in the Southampton/Winchester/Portsmouth area where I could take my Toshiba DVD player to be chipped. I would rather not post or courier it in case it should get damaged.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi,
    I was in a similar position to you 6 months ago; I couldn't find anywhere local to 'chip' my tosh 3109. Closest place is London it seems.
    Although Sevenoaks & Richer Sounds in S'oton both sell MR players, they don't perform the mod themselves.
    In the end I got a DIY kit from linkonline and got a mate (who is an electronics engineer )to fit it. Having seen what is involved I would not recommend 'having a go' yourself unless you are extremely competent at soldering. My mate declined doing it at my house in the end, instead taking the 'chip' & mpeg board from the player to work, where he performed the mod under a bench magnifier -believe me it looked well fiddly!
    Good luck - get it done anyway - I can't remember the last R2 disc I bought! (other than HK Legends titles)

3. elton

elton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Give Direct Repair Ltd a call on 02380620285.. Based in Eastleigh Ask for Chris.. (Chris' day off on Wednesday)

Say Elton Told you to call..

I know it's a bit late but all their DVD's they Sell are multi region out of the Box with a 5year warrantie!! Thomson, Toshiba, mainly and Sony....

Sorry..

Yours Elton

4. julesHem

julesHem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi readers,
    Thanks for the information, particularly that of my local "chippie". In fact the info was a little too late because I've just bought a R1 Tosh 2109 which hopefully will fulfill my requirements. But thanks anyway for taking the trouble.