1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chipping in Southampton area

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by julesHem, Dec 11, 2001.

1. julesHem

julesHem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to my posting below, does anyone know of anywhere in the Southampton/Winchester/Portsmouth area where I could take my Toshiba DVD player to be chipped. I would rather not post or courier it in case it should get damaged.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,
    I was in a similar position to you 6 months ago; I couldn't find anywhere local to 'chip' my tosh 3109. Closest place is London it seems.
    Although Sevenoaks & Richer Sounds in S'oton both sell MR players, they don't perform the mod themselves.
    In the end I got a DIY kit from linkonline and got a mate (who is an electronics engineer )to fit it. Having seen what is involved I would not recommend 'having a go' yourself unless you are extremely competent at soldering. My mate declined doing it at my house in the end, instead taking the 'chip' & mpeg board from the player to work, where he performed the mod under a bench magnifier -believe me it looked well fiddly!
    Good luck - get it done anyway - I can't remember the last R2 disc I bought! (other than HK Legends titles)

3. elton

elton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Give Direct Repair Ltd a call on 02380620285.. Based in Eastleigh Ask for Chris.. (Chris' day off on Wednesday)

Say Elton Told you to call..

I know it's a bit late but all their DVD's they Sell are multi region out of the Box with a 5year warrantie!! Thomson, Toshiba, mainly and Sony....

Sorry..

Yours Elton

4. julesHem

julesHem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi readers,
    Thanks for the information, particularly that of my local "chippie". In fact the info was a little too late because I've just bought a R1 Tosh 2109 which hopefully will fulfill my requirements. But thanks anyway for taking the trouble.