1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kevy, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Kevy

Kevy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear HT fanatics,
    I'm a student in The Netherlands. For my final thesis :lesson: , I'm doing a research on het market share of front projection screen of Chinese origin in Europe. Right now, i'm looking for manufacturers and retailers (evetually dealers) who sell these screens.
    Do anyone know companies who has Chinese screens i their assortment :lease: ?
    I've been surfing for weeks and only found a few :( .

Thnx in advance

2. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You mean manufactured in China?

3. Kevy

Kevy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Indeed

4. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I suspect that your thesis is going to be very very short, but the best of luck to you - have a bump on me anyway :)

5. Screen Scene

Screen Scene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kevy,

there are about 4 factories in Shanghai who make projection screens on a massive scale.

A Canadian company called PCM is responsible for the running of the largest one.

They basically make copies of Dalite screens.

The other companies having screens made for them are RED Leaf , BUSYBEE , and some other minor brands.

The general quality is poor , the material used for the projection surface is a cotton weave with a type of coating to make it stiff , the edge masking is very bad .

The electric unit we bought blew the electric fuse and kept doing so , when we opened it up we found the motor had no earth and the live wire had a casing screw through it making the actual roller casing live !!

People tend to be 'penny wise and pound foolish' with screens , they will spend good money on the projector / DVD player etc but when it comes to a screen they think a wall or a cheap unit is all they need.

I have written a document of advice for the companies who sell my screens and i attach a copy for you to assist with your work.

Attached Files: