China Builds Bunker For 200,000

J

jackal

Just read that China has built a nuclear type bunker under Beijing for 200K+ people.

Do they know something we don't? Should we be worried?:rolleyes:

Probably just for the elite in the Communist Party.

Nuclear bunkers in important cities are quite worthless. The overpressure caused by a direct hit or airburst from current warheads is more than sufficient to destroy any realistic hardened structure , its why we don't bother with them. Structures that can withstand a direct hit or even a near miss are a fantasy.

The best thing to do if a nuke goes off is be as far away from it as possible , I'd recommend one of the outlying Scottish islands but away from any major military or petroleum installations. You'd probably be ok in the middle of the highlands as well. Ireland might be okay as well.

Don't worry about the fallout ,just stay under cover for a week and only eat packaged foods and tins , water is actually ok as long as you skim the surface and avoid dredging up any silt at the bottom. After 7 days or so if you are still alive the main danger comes from ingesting or inhaling highly radioactive particles most of which will have fallen to earth or sunk to the bottom of any water. The thing to do is minimise the possibility of carrying any dangerous particles close to you for any period of time (ie ingesting them) so brush yourself down regularly.

Digging a trench in the ground or even a shallow hole if you are near a blast isn't a bad idea either as it effectively puts a barrier of earth the width of whatever distance is between you and the blast. As long as long as you are not underneath the blast you should be quite well protected.

I wouldn't want to be hundreds of feet under the ground if a nuke hit as I doubt you'll get out again....in a four feet deep covered trench with 7 days water and food ....I'd take that any day.

Oh yeah and the old public information films that recommend you taking some doors aund using them as a roof over a trench with a foot of earth on top ...good advice ...the idea is to keep the radiation at distance for the first few days ...the radioactivity very rapidly decays..that's why 7 days later you should be safe to go outside as long as you don't ingest andy really strong sources...radiation isn't like gas or bacteria you have to be in close proximity for a sustained length of time for it to kill you . You might still die of radiation related cancer in the next couple of decades but as long as you don't get severe radiation poisoning in the first few days you should be "alright".

and then after all that we can rebuild and the future will be like logan's run with jenny agutter getting all her kit off like!

surely in the event of a an all out hotwar we will also use biochemcal weapons fall-out will be the last of your worries...

It would make one hell of a home cinema room :rolleyes:

jakal said:
Just read that China has built a nuclear type bunker under Beijing for 200K+ people.

Do they know something we don't? Should we be worried?:rolleyes:

The Yanks are closing Cheyanne Mountain , so they are not too worried . More importantly , as a result of this , whhere will the SGC go :D

John

didn't they find out that Cheyenne mountain had a some sort of fault going down the middle of it so it would not have provided any real protection?

Can't imagine it being closed down after all the cash theyhave put into it.

Reign-Mack said:
surely in the event of a an all out hotwar we will also use biochemcal weapons fall-out will be the last of your worries...

Nukes are far more destructive than biochemical, in a big war you don't want to dump some agent on the enemy that then takes hours or days to effect only the population you want to instantly knock them out.

They are not closing Cheyenne mountain, just relocating the admin and stuff:

In the next few years, some NORAD and USNORTHCOM military and civilian positions at Cheyenne Mountain will be relocated to NORAD and USNORTHCOM headquarters in Bldg. 2 on Peterson Air Force Base. The NORAD and USNORTHCOM facilities at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station will be maintained, ready for use on short notice.

[...]

The Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center is not NORAD; it is an operations center. NORAD headquarters is located at Peterson Air Force Base and NORAD has regional headquarters in the continental United States, Canada and Alaska.

Not all assets and personnel in Cheyenne Mountain belong to NORAD or USNORTHCOM. NORAD and USNORTHCOM personnel fill approximately twenty-five percent of the positions located at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station.
http://www.northcom.mil/newsroom/news_release/2006/072806.htm

Mr.D said:
Nukes are far more destructive than biochemical, in a big war you don't want to dump some agent on the enemy that then takes hours or days to effect only the population you want to instantly knock them out.
I was not comparing destructive power etc... I was replying to somebody who said that they could find a deserted place and drink water and stuff after a few days. but thanks for "water is wet" type info.

I implied that they would use both types of weapons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom