1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China and Sat Tv

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Monty Burns, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Hey Guys

In the new year im going to be moving to Beijing for a couple of years. I lub my Sky but, its been so dificult for a n00b like me to get it working here in Germany so I want to prepare as much as I can for China.

I guess, what I need to know is, what sort of satellite link can I get there? What channels can I expect? I suspect I will be linked to mostly American programming? I know the Chinese goverment can be .... er ... a bit "overprotective" ;) of there population, how will this affect the channels?

Anyone ever lived in China and can recommend a Chinese installer!?

*edit* I forgot to mention, if you had an unlimited budget (well maybe up to 2000gbp) how/what would you do just for the dish, receiver/decoder etc? TV will come out of a projector or tv purchased out there at the time as will the audio.

Many thanks for your time!

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    You can look on Lyngsat to see what channels and satellites have a footprint covering your Chinese location.

http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

Chris Muriel , Manchester