1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child's Play on Region 2 FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marc, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    It seems there's finally going to be a Region 2 release of my all time favourite horror movie, Child's Play!!
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=83718

looks like a pretty crap dvd by today's standards but if it's in widescreen it's definitely going on my wish-list, can't be watching my favourite horror movie in P&S anymore!!

Has anyone seen more detailed info on this release cos i can't find anything else..?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

There's no news on the new-release version of this brilliant little horror-chiller, on the BBFC website. Bearing in mind, that Play say it's due to be released in the next fortnight, plus the fact the BBFC will be closing for the Christmas/New Year holiday, it seems unlikely that "Child's Play" will be coming-out on R2 DVD this year! :(

If it's an MGM/UA DVD release, then it will probably be the same version as the R4 Australian DVD. The picture quality was pretty dire, and the sound was simple Dolby Stereo. There were also no extras of any kind, not even a trailer.

Also, bear in mind this film was cut by the BBFC for a 15 certificate, both for cinema and the eventual home video release. (ABout 15-20 seconds was cut, from the submitted print, but there's about another minute cut, by the distributor, prior to submission to the BBFC. (MGM/UA wanted nothing higher than a 15 certificate, hence the cuts! The scenes cut, involved Chucky's violent attack on the police officer, in the car after he's just dropped-off Hick's character at her home, and some darker undertones of Chucky terrorising Andy Barclay, the little boy who's Chucky's owner!) If possible, I'd try and get an R1 edition, or an uncut R2 European release instead.

It's such a shame, because I love this film a lot! It's genuinely creepy, and I love the special effects in this. Plus Catherine Hicks was quite a hottie at the time! :blush:

Pooch

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    its a shame R2 was cut, i never knew that. I currently have the Region 1, but it's only available in P&S. This is a movie crying out for a DD5.1 remix and an anamorphic transfer, but it's MGM so what do we expect?