1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

childrens games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by happychappy, Dec 5, 2003.

1. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    A big thank you to all the replys to my last thread (choice of console) I have now decided on a P.S.2 due to the eye toy.

However I now have another problem...what games to buy?

I have decided on the nemo game and the eye toy but am at a loss as to what other games to consider, my children are a 4 year old Boy & an 8 year old Girl and they like the usual boy/girl things such as cars,trains, cartoons and any thing loud(Boy) dancing,horses and barbie (Girl) I like the idea of games that they both play together I will be gratefull for any ideas

Also what is the best way to connect the P.S.2 ? straight into the T.V.? or into an a.v. amp? also are the cordless controls any good? do the batteries last long?

Thank you

2. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    any help pleeeeease?

3. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How about Ratchet & Clank or its sequel? The former was included with my recent PS2 purchase and to my surprise, really is quite fun :) It's very bright and colourful visually (just in case you thought I meant in terms of language... :laugh: ) and I can imagine younger children finding it fun just 'walking around' the environments. I've seen my youngest niece and friend's daughter do the same on occasion with Munch's Oddysee on the Xbox, and I'm sure they'd enjoy R&C rather more.

It shouldn't be forgotten that there's hundreds of PlayStation games compatible with the PS2 and plenty of them that still exude great gameplay - along with often being cheap.

As you've mentioned dancing, perhaps you'd consider one of the dancing titles available on PS2 and PS formats? Add a mat or two and I reckon the kids'll be busy for a while... if they can get Granny off 'em!

I think my friend bought a Barbie game for his daughter too, so although I can tell you nothing of it and don't even know what genre of game it is (besides 'pink'), perhaps there's a possibility.

I'll return if I think of any titles, but perhaps the easy thing would be just to pick a topic (cars, cartoon etc.) and browse the shelves? One thing about the two Sony consoles is that there's almost certainly a game (or range of games!) available for any genre or subject you'd care to chose.

4. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Regarding connections, in my experience, your mileage may vary. I have mine connected via an old circa-£3 RGB SCART cable and find the output nice and sharp, though rather dark. That's a problem with my TV and RGB sources, rather than any fault of the console and does depend on the software - I have one title (Formula One 2002) that looks worse than many PlayStation games that I've seen :eek:

[Cue a hundred forum members' jaws dropping, before they faint and fall to the ground on reading that I use a £3 'el cheapo' cable... :laugh: ]

From occasionally bumping into mention on the forums, I believe s-video connection is possible, though I haven't seen it for myself - which is a bit of a shame, as it would probably give a more vibrant and near to RGB-sharpness on my screen...

I'll have to leave wireless controllers to someone else, I'm afraid. Reaction to them appears to be mixed, but it is probably all down to preference. I really like the Sony pads for instance, so a replacement would have to be something very special.

Hope some of that helps you :smashin:

5. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks andy its given me a great start looks a good game (ive been on play.com)
    anyone else please?

6. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What about SpongeBob Squarepants - Battle Of The Bikini Bottom. I got my 3 Year son this and he can't get off it. Well neither can me or the misses. :laugh:

Simpsons Road Rage. Not played it but kids will love it.

Jak & Daxter. One of the best platform games around.

Crash Bandicoot. Always popular with the kids.

7. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have absolutely no idea what that is - but it sounds great! :laugh: