Quantcast

Children shouldn't talk to teachers like this? Says attention seeking Troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

91lauren

Standard Member
I teach year 6 and last week had a boy swear at me and a girl threaten to pee on the floor when I wouldn't let her go to the toilet.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
If I joined a forum to complain every time someone swore at me at work I wouldn't have any time left to do any work. Also - if they need to pee then let them pee.

Dony

Distinguished Member
Aren't you taught how to deal with these kind of things at Teacher Training College?

91lauren

Standard Member
If I joined a forum to complain every time someone swore at me at work I wouldn't have any time left to do any work. Also - if they need to pee then let them pee.
Children are different from adults. I never let them go toilet they get enough breaks, if I have to wait so do they.

Spendy26

I can see why you don't let them as they will use this as an excuse to waste time out of class but sometimes people can't just hold it. Must be quite hard for you.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Children are different from adults. I never let them go toilet they get enough breaks, if I have to wait so do they.
Yes they are - they don't have as much control over their bladder as adults.

Anyway, as you are clearly trolling I am out of this conversation.

91lauren

Standard Member
Aren't you taught how to deal with these kind of things at Teacher Training College?
Nothing quite like experience. The boys parents were contacted. The girl still wasn't allowed to go to the toilet so it didn't get her anywhere.

balidey

Distinguished Member
1: Being sworn at by a year 6 is not acceptable. I assume your school has guidelines in place about calling their parents? If so, follow that.
2: Toilet break is not generally allowed in class time. GENERALLY. There are times you have to allow it. You used your judgement. Fine, no need for any silly 'child abuse' accusations. That is Daily Mail talk.
3: Perhaps the most important point. You do realise this is a forum mainly for discussing AV related topics? Perhaps you would be better asking on a Teachers forum?

91lauren

Standard Member
I can see why you don't let them as they will use this as an excuse to waste time out of class but sometimes people can't just hold it. Must be quite hard for you.
Never had a child have an accident yet, obviously medical reasons are an exception.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
You have been posting on here since 8:55 this morning. Why aren't you in class teaching? Is it possible that this whole thing is made up?

Edit: Actually - is it half term in England this week? I'm in Scotland - half term has been and gone up here.

BritanniaJaf

Comedy gold this, so you created an account on Home Entertainment website to tell us you wouldn't allow a year 6 to go to the toilet for 2 hours, this will be fun :)

The Dark Horse

How old are year 6 students and how long do they need to wait before a break? Swearing definitely not but if someone needs the toilet then they should be allowed to go. Teachers must know what students are trouble makers, mischievous or time wasters and which ones are likely to be telling the truth, point blank refusal doesn't seem right to me.

91lauren

Standard Member
You have been posting on here since 8:55 this morning. Why aren't you in class teaching? Is it possible that this whole thing is made up?

Edit: Actually - is it half term in England this week? I'm in Scotland - half term has been and gone up here.
They are 10 and 11 and never have to hold on more than a couple of hours. Not really unreadable to expect a year 6 child to wait 2 hours for the loo is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.