• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Children of men

goodtimes

Established Member
can anyone tell me if the new release is region free.
I really want this movie but it has never been released over here.:(
so as soon as anyone can please let us know.

goodtimes

Established Member
thanks man fannnnnnbloooodytastic.
Ive waited along time for this movie on blu.:thumbsup:

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Top notch transfer on this too, Looks bloody amazing, Deffo top tier stuff.

goodtimes

Established Member
only have to wait a few days for it to come up on amozon.
got it preordered

lgans316

Distinguished Member
No brainer. Every BLU movie fan should have COM in their library.:thumbsup:

LanceR

Distinguished Member
No brainer. Every BLU movie fan should have COM in their library.:thumbsup:

Yep I agree I've had it a year or so now on blu but will be double dipping and getting this release.

goodtimes

Established Member
well Ive just paid for mine ,I reallly hope its region free,most sites have it region a ,but I hope they are wrong and rebel scum is right and Im happyness filled.

LanceR

Distinguished Member
well Ive just paid for mine ,I reallly hope its region free,most sites have it region a ,but I hope they are wrong and rebel scum is right and Im happyness filled.

it's a Universal release it is region free.

goodtimes

Established Member
yep thats why I went for it,however times they are a changing.

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
This is what movietyme has up since last week or week before...

We have just tested Children Of Men - (Blu-ray) and can confirm that it is REGION FREE!

goodtimes

Established Member
Phew..............:clap:
Right I can relax now.
thanks guys.

LanceR

Distinguished Member
I'm going to order this tomorrow i think. I'll try playusa.

LanceR

Distinguished Member
Actually just seen the price on play 13.99 what a bargain!!

MJeeves

Prominent Member
"Children Of Men" UK bluray is now in the HMV sale for £6! :thumbsup:

Anyone know for sure that the UK bluray is the same as the US bluray? :confused:

Thank you! :smashin:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
And is it much of an upgrade over the hd-dvd? Worth it?

elbowdan

Established Member

I haven't got the Blu (yet) but do have the HD DVD. As far as I can tell it should be the same except that the Blu has DTS MA audio over HD DVD's Dolby Plus.

It's one of my all time favorite films it's so damn good. Was gutted and still am when it got ignored at the oscars.

Water your plants

Distinguished Member

hi - i have the hd dvd and blu ray, have yet to watch the blu ray but will compare soon. i was just buying to replace my hddvd copy as dixons had it for a fiver around a year ago. since then i have been noticing a lot of differences between hd dvds that i own and 'so called' identical transfers when released on blu ray ( the thing, forbidden planet, mulholland dr all spring to mind - the biggest culprit being dnr / grain tampering ) so i have decided to keep my hd dvd version as i love the look of it ( and sound despite not being full hd )

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
hi - i have the hd dvd and blu ray, have yet to watch the blu ray but will compare soon. i was just buying to replace my hddvd copy as dixons had it for a fiver around a year ago. since then i have been noticing a lot of differences between hd dvds that i own and 'so called' identical transfers when released on blu ray ( the thing, forbidden planet, mulholland dr all spring to mind - the biggest culprit being dnr / grain tampering ) so i have decided to keep my hd dvd version as i love the look of it ( and sound despite not being full hd )

I'm about to sell my hd-dvd player and collection in the classifieds - I vaguely remember hearing that the thing isn't an upgrade on bluray from the hd-dvd. Problem is there are certain films I really want where I know there are issues on bluray (again, the thing but also tremors) but feel I have to overlook the dnr issues etc:(

Water your plants

Distinguished Member
I'm about to sell my hd-dvd player and collection in the classifieds - I vaguely remember hearing that the thing isn't an upgrade on bluray from the hd-dvd. Problem is there are certain films I really want where I know there are issues on bluray (again, the thing but also tremors) but feel I have to overlook the dnr issues etc:(

this is why i have to keep my hd dvd player. the thing supposedly sufferers from dnr and grain removal. i made the mistake of 'upgrading' certain hd dvds just to obtain dts-ma / truehd assuming the transfers were identical....silly me :suicide: most of the time the full hd audio track is not that much of an upgrade over dd+ ( no matter what the numbers say !!) but it is clear that tampering has occurred in the picture department.

why don't you keep it ?? space, money, retro bulling ??

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
this is why i have to keep my hd dvd player. the thing supposedly sufferers from dnr and grain removal. i made the mistake of 'upgrading' certain hd dvds just to obtain dts-ma / truehd assuming the transfers were identical....silly me :suicide: most of the time the full hd audio track is not that much of an upgrade over dd+ ( no matter what the numbers say !!) but it is clear that tampering has occurred in the picture department.

why don't you keep it ?? space, money, retro bulling ??

Simply put money and house move. The money bit is because the Mrs is giving up work to look after the kids so naturally I have to cut down on certain costs and I'll literally have no spare cash so any selling I do (like the hd-dvd player, discs and my projector) will go into my own little AV pot for future purchases. Oh and the house move bit relates to the money - down sizing so need more space so less room for book cases full of films - I've culled my dvds ruthlessly, so next up is hd-dvd followed by *gulp* my laserdiscs. Yes my balls are in her handbag. No point denying it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom