1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children in Need

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by richgtfc, Nov 19, 2004.

1. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it just me, or is Children in Need the most dreadful TV experience I've seen in a long time? I have the joy of having the Scottish version and watching Jackie Bird and Darius dying on their ar*es and that inflated gimp, Stuart, off Big Brother dodging gunge so he doesn't get his hair messed up. Terry & Gabby aren't much cop either. It's a shame, 'cos the idea behind it all is wothwhile.

Should have gone to the pub :suicide:
    Rich

2. G Canavan

G Canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No your not alone, I for one would gladly pay extra to children in need for this crap to be taken off the air. They would probably get more money that way.

3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Did anyone else detect the speed problems on backing tracks ? Elton John's bit suffered worst of all. Near the end of his spot it sounded like an eight-track being played through a mangle. And that wasn't the only example. The McFadden bloke on our local feed was laughing as he 'sang' over the wobbles. I don't even understand how this could occur as presumably it was all from digital sources (?). Or was this a very public last grand stand for Mr. Wow and Mrs. Flutter ? They appeared not to want to go quietly.