Child Trust Fund Account - Which One ?

BiggieBig

Want to open a CTF for my daughter but just don't get the time to do the research, she's over 6 months and I still haven't found one.

Basically want to invest in Shares and will probably be StalkHolder.

It's difficult to decide because they're new so can't compare past performance.

Was wondering what you guys had chosen and why ?.

MrBlofeldt

Banned
Personally, I'd stick some money in the bank, and use some to buy premium bonds...

which is exactly what we did for our daughter !

russ123

Agreed, it's a nightmare. I went the cash option in the end. All the share ones I could find charged 1%+ management fee. Given you can get cash ones for 6% (or could last time I looked), I went that route.

BiggieBig

Well i'm just spreading the risk.

probably place some in Money in a savings account and invest some in Stock using a CTF. That way I can accumlated long term growth using Shares and also have some in savings which is the protected.

Placing all in Saving is good if you want to minimise risk but not very good if you want growth.

mrtbag

Novice Member
We went for the Halifax CTF account and a savings account. £20 a month into each at present.

Gof

Novice Member
We went with the Mothercare one - it is through Childrens Mutual and seemed to be one of the few that were ethical.

Worth a look!

depsi said:
Want to open a CTF for my daughter but just don't get the time to do the research, she's over 6 months and I still haven't found one.

Basically want to invest in Shares and will probably be StalkHolder.

It's difficult to decide because they're new so can't compare past performance.

Was wondering what you guys had chosen and why ?.

U

UrbanSurvival

We went with foreign and colonial. Reducing risk in investmewnt over the 18 year term. there was an FT press release just after we did it and they recommended them. There is a mgt fee but at the time it was the right choice for us. Ever changing world and I suspect there isn't a huge amount between them. Premium bonds return something like 2.5% iirc so should be able to better that (unless you win the £1m :thumbsup: )

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
Our Nationwide tracker one grew by 15% last year...No guarantee it will happen again of-course....