Child support question

I stopped paying for my Son when he finished full time education. He lives with me half the week and so does my Daughter. My daughter is still at college so I’m paying still.

When I told my Ex that I was stopping the payment for my Son, she decided to charge him rent.

I then decided to pay the money I did pay for my Son, directly to my Son so he doesn’t lose out with the instruction to keep quiet about it :D

Until a woman has to pick up and put back together a man whos life has been all but destroyed by a malicious, scheming bitch of an ex wife they will never fully comprehend just how fudgeing evil some women can be, sometimes I'm so ashamed of my sex

Until a woman has to pick up and put back together a man whos life has been all but destroyed by a malicious, scheming bitch of an ex wife they will never fully comprehend just how fudgeing evil some women can be, sometimes I'm so ashamed of my sex
As the husband of a wife that has picked up my pieces, thank you for this. But TBH seeing what some men can do too, I’m also ashamed of my sex. I guess it should be ‘sometime I’m ashamed of my species’ 😢

but we are getting off track - OP, if you think she is receiving CB fraudulently, report her… sounds like she is like my ex, and using the kids as a cash cow, not just from you but from anywhere she can. There won’t just be CB but also tax credits etc…

I said this a few days ago and nothing I see here makes me think any differently, you either need to see CAB or a solicitor.

I have been paying child support since i solit with ex over 15yrs ago.
Firstly it was done between us, then she decided to go to csa to try and get more money (she actually got less) and then when it all changed i have stuck with the original payment but we agreed to do it between ourselves.
As my child has got older she left school and joined college for two years. She is now 19 and a few months back her mother convinced her to go back to college to do a course she didnt want to do “as she would lose a lot of money” (yep, you guessed it - the mother hasnt worked for over 15yrs and claims every benefit under the sun).

Anyway my child is now 19 and says she is leaving college as she dont want to do it anymore and either work full time at her part time job OR get an apprenticeship.

Now originally i was resigned to the fact i was paying for her till she is 20 as per csa rules but it now seems i can stop paying for her earlier.
I believe i have to pay until the mother stops receiving child benefit for her. But i dont know when that would be.

Myself and the co parent have not spoken for many years and the controlling bf seems to have all the say anyway so im not gonna get much info out of the pair of them.

I read somewhere that child benefit can stop in a 3 month period in a year. I read if the child (cant believe they call them child when they are 19) leaves education before 1st june then child benefit stops at 1st june hence i can stop paying on 1st june.

Anyone else got any ideas?
I dont really want to get csa involved as they have done me over plenty of times over the years no matter if i want to do things right.

This is maybe an obvious question - have you made direct contact with CB?

CMS payments should stop if your daughter’s mother no longer receives CB (unless you have arrears to pay of course). CMS is not fit for purpose and will just tell you to keep paying if their records show that CB is still being received by your daughter’s mother. It’s up to CB to investigate whether it should stop.

Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom