child lock acoustic solutions lcd tv

surreyguy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I accidently activated the child lock on my acoustic solutions lcd 26761hdf tv. I can't turn the tv on and can't access anything because the child lock won't allow it. Is there a way of getting the child lock off with out using the remote control which has been lost. Cheers for any help, despratly needed as I have recently broken my leg so need the tv to help keep me sane

Are you sure it's in childlock?
Don't you need the remote to activate it?
It's possible the set is faulty with "stuck in standby symptoms"

Last edited:
It is the child lock, I was switching the sleep timer on using the menu buttons at the side of the tv and accidently changed the child lock one instead

surreyguy said:
It is the child lock, I was switching the sleep timer on using the menu buttons at the side of the tv and accidently changed the child lock one instead

Unless you can unlock it using the side buttons the only way to deactivate it is with a remote.
A "replacement" type remote should be reasonably cheap...just Google the model no followed by " remote control".

Do you know if a cheap generic pre programmed remote would work? Because I'm not working now because of my injury I don't really have the spare cash

Do you know if a cheap generic pre programmed remote would work? Because I'm not working now because of my injury I don't really have the spare cash

It may work as long as it has a "menu" button that will let you into the TVs setup menus and options.
If none of the one-for-all type remote's setup codes listed for Acoustic Solutions work try any codes listed for "Vestel" TVs as they provide most of the chassis used in Acoustic Solutions models.
Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom