• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Chico and Rita

LanceR

Distinguished Member
Anyone else looking forward to this film?

It looks gorgeous and the score sounds lovely. I can't imagine this will make it to many screens over here but may be worth picking up on Blu.

Chico and Rita - Movie Trailers - iTunes

From Apple..

Synopsis
Cuba, 1948. Chico is a young piano player with big dreams. Rita is a beautiful singer with an extraordinary voice. Music and romantic desire unites them, but their journey - in the tradition of the Latin ballad, the bolero - brings heartache and torment. From Havana to New York, Paris, Hollywood and Las Vegas, two passionate individuals battle impossible odds to unite in music and love

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

The film looks interesting for sure, (and was rotoscoped, ala Waking Life and The Lord Of The Rings animated movies, where you take film of live-action material, and animate/paint directly over it), but I'm not that into the subject matter per se, and I hate Jazz music, so...

However, the film is being released Nationwide, and should be showing at most half-decent arthouse/independent cinemas from now. Also, I believe the film is predominantly in Portugese with English Subtitles, which the UK trailer never mentions, and makes you think it will be solely in English. :(

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom