Chicago P.D.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching this?

It's a spin off of Chicago Fire, with a few characters that have been in Fire now taking up lead roles.

I'm really liking it, I also like the way that stories run concurrently and cross over into each other's episodes.

The lead role is the cop that was dirty that appeared in Fire, having a beef with one of the fire crew.

Anyway, really good and well worth watching IMO.

[Edit] - Chicago PD | Wednesdays 10/9c | NBC

Last edited:
Yep me. Really enjoying it. Has a solid cast with a solid writers room. Also on the note of crossovers sophia bush ( detective lindsey) will cross over onto a episode of law & order : svu.

I rather enjoyed the pilot. Thought it would be another 'bleh' cop show. Surprised how gripped I was by the end.

Not sure they've got both shows properly aligned as that cop's sister was still a paramedic in ep1 of PD which followed an ep of Fire where she was already in firefighter school

Good show so far. I was expecting a rehash of The Shield but so far it's been completely different. I like how the story lines and characters cross over from Chicago Fire as well. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been done before.

The lead role is the cop that was dirty
But is he though?
The dirty stuff seems to be a cover ... from scenes at the end of the first season of Fire and the last couple of eps of PD
wonder how many eps we've got to wait until Severide and Lindsay are at it

But is he though?
The dirty stuff seems to be a cover ... from scenes at the end of the first season of Fire and the last couple of eps of PD
wonder how many eps we've got to wait until Severide and Lindsay are at it

He was the guy that went after Casey after he wouldn't turn a blind eye when they turned up to an accident caused by his son while driving drunk if memory serves me correctly.

yeah he's not totally clean, and roughs the baddies up
- but we know from those scenes I mentioned that something else is going on re the kickbacks

what he just did for that kid, and obviously for Lindsay in her youth, shows a good side

Fire and PD return to US screens on Tue and Wed (25 - 26th Feb) respectively, with the PD ep being Pt II of the crossover with L&O: SVU, airing straight after SVU's Pt I ep

Last edited:
Watch fire before you watch pd this week as pd is a continuation of the fire episode

What if you have never watched Fire but watched PD? Do you still need to watch Fire to have a clue what's going on? I hate these cross-over stories!!!!

What if you have never watched Fire but watched PD? Do you still need to watch Fire to have a clue what's going on? I hate these cross-over stories!!!!

Technically no, it shows you a small recap at beginning of episode.

It was a smashing 2 episodes and I strongly suggest watching both.

Just started watching PD and it is EXCELLENT !

Very solid first episode and ep.2 was great too.

Guess they have hit the floor running with having the characters set up already in Fire, which I have also just started watching.

As noted above, have to agree, both programmes look amazing in HD and Chicago is very photogenic for these shows.

Even the sound score particularly for PD is very Zimmer-esque.

Didn't realise there was a separate thread for this, been raving about it in the Fire thread. Cracking last couple of episodes and the season finale next week looks a belter. I'm going to miss these two over the summer. :(

I still say these two are the most underrated network shows on at the minute, especially PD. This weeks was absolutely fantastic stuff, proper gripping tv. In terms of current shows its up there with walking dead and newsroom for me.

And Fire too (first part of the crossover), if we're talking about US pace this past week.

Watched all three in one go, SVU and PD was produced as one hybrid double episode with a new one-off L&O intro voice over, and two sets of credits at the start and midpoint in the different fonts of both shows.

Enjoyable but brutal and especially
sad outcome for one character

Krish

That is exactly my plan for this weekend.

Just caught up to E19 on SVU, had to watch 8 of them.

Just seen E18 of Fire, one to go. Very good episode in the hospital. Got a few PD to watch too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom