Chibi-Robo - nowhere to be found!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I am after this title as I didn't pick it up when it launched in May. However, now I can not seem to find a copy anywhere. None of the etailers have this in stock and even on eBay there were only 2 copies being sold! :eek:

Does anyone have this and recommends it? It looks like I'll have to pay over the odds on ebay to get this and therefore I just wanted to make sure it was worth it!

danwalton

I bought it last saturday after looking for a copy for ages. Game in Leicester had 2 copies in the second hand section, priced £29.99 each. I decided to go for it, even though that's a lot of money but I really wanted it for my GC collection and I hadn't seen it for months.

I've got to say it was £30 well spent. I'm really enjoying it, and spent about 4 hours playing it yesterday. Obviously its really quirky but I love obscure Japanese games. Its definitely one of the best I've played :) Oh, and some of the translation is intentionally laugh-out-loud funny, which I really like too.

Chibi himself is so full of character and charm its hard not to like the game. It really is a novel idea being 4 inches tall and having to scale massive heights and dangerous climbs just to reach a work surface!

Its also a very clever game in that it plays like a large selection of puzzles which can be done in your own time and in your own order. Each puzzle affects the subsequent one and the game quickly becomes layered and therefore very absorbing. Its cartoon images definitely masks a very deep game :thumbsup:

I'd say if you can find and afford it then you won't be let down. I hope that helps ;)

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
If you still have your Gamecube Tejstar I'd recommend finally picking up a cheap freeloader disk second hand & going for an NTSC chibi. Have a look on ebay, there are loads of NTSC Chibis going cheap, as long as you're happy importing them of course.

Just for an example, here's one still sealed for around £10 delivered to UK http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GAMECUBE-CHIB...3QQihZ018QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Think that's the average going rate for Chibi NTSC, I know as I've been checking for a while as I was thinking about buying one myself.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys that is very helpful.

Tetlee - I did consider getting the US version but the rest of my collection is PAL so I was hoping to find a PAL version if possible. You are right though, the US version still seems to be widely available - maybe they had much more stock over there?

danwalton - Well £30 still seems to be a great deal. There's one on ebay at £40 with still 6 days to go! :eek:

danwalton

i reckon the game'll be English optional, but the manual will be in German :)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I didn't think about checking other European eBay sites - thanks I'll have a look around!

Mafro

Novice Member
HMV have it, but it's still full price. Have you tried the pre-owned section in Gamestation. My local one always seems to have hard-to-get games there for decent prices.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
HMV have had it on special order for ages now, I don't think they'll be able to source any either. I haven't tried my local Gamestation/Game yet in the second hand sections, although that is my next step! :thumbsup:

quidditys_shore

gamestation still have it but its £38! I've just got it brand new off ebay for £15 delivered but its NTSC. Just get a freeloader to play and then you can get animal crossing cheap as well!