1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cherry Falls?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Ars longa, vita brevis, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I rented this last nigh, well i didn't i sent my sister to rent the dvd, someone had got in befre me and so she returned with the video, pan and scan, no extra jazz and to cap it off, i have a **** video recorder.

Anyway, i should have gone myself, but onto the film. I thought this was meant to be a REALLY crap teen slasher, 'I still know...'stylie , but it was pretty funny, in a nasty sort of way. Although the last scene should have been deleted, it was completely pointless.

Anyone else dared to wade through reviews and see it, or even buy it, what did you expect and what did you think?

------------------
    Assumption is the mother of all errors

member formerly known as hank hill, then Jesus H
    but got bored so it became some latin sh*t

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen it (at the cinema)and it is the biggest pile pants I have ever seen.

3. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've onljust got around to watching Cherry Falls after having it sit on a shelf for the best part of a week... and I've got to say that I really enjoyed it!

Arguably a lot of this comes down to my love of 'Slasher' films and the way in which Cherry Falls plays around with the genre. While not out and out spoofing it like other recent additions to the genre, the film's deliciously blck and nasty sense of humour proved to be more original and entertaining than anything from the Scream franchise.

On top of this, I'm also a big fan of Dario Argento and Italian horror flicks, and I was delighted to see the similarities between this film and many of Argento's being played up through both the use of camera and the fanatstic soundtrack

If only the DVD didn't come with a lousy stereo mix rather than the 5.1 track indicated on the sleeve!