Chernobyl 4K UHD

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
Technically, this doesn’t come through Blu-ray.com feedback without aome criticism ( little does ! ); I won’t ‘pre-spoil’ it for anyone by giving details. But recommend checking discs as someone had skipping with episode 4 ( disc 2 ) and a second person reports scratches.

MartinH32

Forgot I'd ordered this and it turned up yesterday. Watched the first episode last night - sooooo much better than Sky. Need to watch the rest before forming an opinion though - lots of dark scenes in the first episode.

Indiana Jones

If after someone has watched it they decide it’s not a keeper I have a wanted ad in the classifieds.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Worth getting just for Jared Harris performance alone.
Hope it will have ATMOS soundtrack............
Will hold for now as the bluray is decent quality in itself.

Indiana Jones

Worth getting just for Jared Harris performance alone.
Hope it will have ATMOS soundtrack............
Will hold for now as the bluray is decent quality in itself.

No Atmos just DTS-HD MA

HBO Blu-ray is definitely a decent release, U.K. release should be tossed in the bin lol

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
No Atmos just DTS-HD MA

HBO Blu-ray is definitely a decent release, U.K. release should be tossed in the bin lol
Oh bummer, no ATMOS, suppose it will have to do just for the picture quality.
HBO release is dope. Some 4K versions are on fleabay at the moment but nothing used..

Top dolla.

Indiana Jones

I was close to ordering the French release last night as works out about £35 delivered but figured I would try on here first too see if anyone wanted to move it on.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
I was close to ordering the French release last night as works out about £35 delivered but figured I would try on here first too see if anyone wanted to move it on.
Probably a bit too soon would be my hunch, does it come with additional bluray release also or just stand alone 4k discs?

Indiana Jones

Probably a bit too soon would be my hunch, does it come with additional bluray release also or just stand alone 4k discs?

Also includes the HBO Blu-rays.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member

Samv2001

Distinguished Member
Just finished watching this and have to say really impressed with the transfer. Really glad I got it and no technical issues with playback.

Haven’t yet compared it to the SKYQ HDR version but it trounces the UHD transfer I originally watched on SKY.

Such a good series too. Top class release even without the Atmos. Very satisfied with the sound despite this.

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
Just finished watching this and have to say really impressed with the transfer. Really glad I got it and no technical issues with playback.

Haven’t yet compared it to the SKYQ HDR version but it trounces the UHD transfer I originally watched on SKY.

Such a good series too. Top class release even without the Atmos. Very satisfied with the sound despite this.
Thanks Sam. Reports of digital grain being more obvious, didn’t bother you? (Not sure what kit you’ve got.)

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Amazon.es have this in stock for €25.17 plus delivery, cancelled my order for the French steelbook and saved myself a tenner.

davejones2

Just watched this for the first time (US 4k release).

Best series I've seen since The Pacific. Makes so much of what's on Netflix / Amazon seem amateurish imo.

So glad I waited for the disc (and avoided the dodgy UK version!). Streaming just pales in comparison, particularly the sound quality.

Gazgum

Distinguished Member
Just watched this for the first time (US 4k release).

Best series I've seen since The Pacific. Makes so much of what's on Netflix / Amazon seem amateurish imo.

So glad I waited for the disc (and avoided the dodgy UK version!). Streaming just pales in comparison, particularly the sound quality.
Nice one!:smashin: Thanks for the feedback, mine’s on my ‘to watch’ pile.

And great to see mention of ‘The Pacific’, for me the best recreation of anything WW2!

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I just ended up going for the french Steelbook. £33 delivered

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Nice one!:smashin: Thanks for the feedback, mine’s on my ‘to watch’ pile.

And great to see mention of ‘The Pacific’, for me the best recreation of anything WW2!
Hmmm The Pacific has amazing combat scenes but there is a big slab of real soap opera cheese in there too. Band of Brothers is better.

The latest video from AVForums

42-inch LG C2 OLED Review, DIY TV Calibration + Turntables for under £500 + AV/Hi-Fi News & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Warner Bros Discovery set to combine Discovery+ and HBO Max
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Sky, NOW and Paramount+ UK for September 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Pro-Ject Audio launches X2 B turntable
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Clearaudio launches Reference Jubilee turntable