Chelsea, your views

mhutt27

Established Member
Reaction score
Now, as a Chelsea fan my opinion is going to be a little bias, but i have considered my opinion.

Is it me or are Chelse becoming too easy a target? Now i know we do things wrong, Robben's dive, Drogba's theatrics but this is nothing that doesn't happen at other club week-in, week-out. So why are Chelsea getting singled out?

The whole touch-line incident over the weekend, anyone think Robson's behaviour was out of order?

What about the west-brom player's blatent dive in the box, reported? Not a chance.

I'm not usually one to moan, but i can't help but thinking chelsea are becoming victims of slack journalism. It's all too easy to vilasise Chelsea but no one seems to want to look at the bigger issues that are becoming prevelent in football.
Ie diving, play-acting, pressuring referees and the sheer ribushness and inconsistancy of refering.

I think it's becoming a little rediculous.

What do you guys think??? Considered opinions please.

With the amount of money and therefore buying power Chelsea now has at its disposal, there is always going to be a lot of jealousy aimed at the club.

Don't let it bother you, just enjoy your club's good run and let the others do the bickering and whining - as the old saying goes "what goes round, comes round". It's your time now - enjoy it.

Cheers,

Martin.

Well yeah Im a spurs fan so im not one to go backing chelsea up :) but yes its true when your on top your there to be shot down and people are going to find any way to do so!

Saying that the Drogba dive was one of the worst bits of play acting ive seen for some time. Yes the WBA player dived but drogba didnt just dive he Balleted! (new word i invented) and the intention was to even up the score player count wise.

As for Robson its Bryan Robson what do you exp[ect he played that way too he was probably alread angry at the chelsea boys for not bothering to come out the tunnel in time.

get used to it!!! as a man utd fan - it has been us for years.

Chelski are a just another victim of their own success at present. Anyway Morihnio (sp) loves the limelight and all the attention he is getting at present.

Drogba and robben are two of the worst divers in the premiership (i will for balance of the arguement also include our own ronaldo, who i would say doesn't dive persay, but goes down easily :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Diving is becoming a sport within a sport in the premiership and most other top leagues and it was great to hear on the spanish football commentary (real madrid game on saturday night) that ray wilkins absolutely slating the diving players rather than not saying anything. He was absolutly fuming at some of the diving going on.

no offence here. As a neutral, and a football lover, i must say i despise chelsea!! there manger is arrogant, and complains about other teams diving, when his porto side that beat Celtic in the EUFA cup final dived all the time.!!

Also, chelsea have great players, but if you count up in a year how many diflections they score is unbelievable. At least 2/3 of joe cole's goals diflect, and lampard scores many diflected shots also.

I amnt saying chelsea are a bad team, they have excellant players, but they annoy me immensely!!! i would love to see barca put them out, but i can see a deflection putting them through!!

It's not just the fact that Drogba, Robben and co are diving etc all the time, what really annoys me about Chelsea is the seeming double-standards of "the special one". He is always the first to criticise opponents for doing the exact same things his team do. Again, i know this applies to other teams and managers, but for me, Chelsea are the worst proponents of most of the things ruining football these days, and Mourinho the first(and loudest) to complain when it happens to his team! This is what is really turning me against Chelsea at the moment. That and the fact that Mourinho seems to have no grace in either defeat or victory; whenever they lose, it's always the ref's fault, or the other team were cheating, and you only have to look at his behaviour againt west brom to see he has no idea of how to win gracefully.

michaelT1888 said:
, but they annoy me immensely!!

So does your spelling!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: Sorry!

Agree with booyaka. As an Arsenal fan, a team the media (and fans) love to loathe, it all becomes part of the wallpaper. The only time I get really wound up is when people make comments about the players personal lives.

Chelsea are the current target because they are challenging the NW pair for the top honours. Note how attention has switched almost 100% to slagging Chelsea now that we aren't.

Well, at least there is one silver lining to being crap now!:D

Agree with all the comments above but I think it's actual individual at Chelsea that annoy people rather than the club itself. Yes, the club will get the same treatment all successful clubs get + the cash jealousy factor but Robben & Drogba continously bring the game into disrepute on the pitch & their very sad manager is the biggest wind-up merchant on the planet.

I personally think it'll all end in tears, they're going to find it hard to attract players if this continues & those there will start to think of happier lives elsewhere.......

Mourinho when he first arrived was a breath of fresh air.

He has since become an overbearing know-it-all. He will never admit he was wrong, never admit his team was second best, never say his side was lucky with a decision. It's becoming tiresome.

Compare and contrast with Martin Jol - readily admitted the obvious, that Blackburn were unlucky. Readily admitted that the Stalteri incident was a penalty...

Every team has a play-actor or two in it - Chelsea are no different and thats not really the problem. It's the manager - if he wants respect he has to start showing it.

Gents, please remember to keep all this on a non-personal abuse level :)

Jose Mourinho is winding me up a fair bit these days, I used to think he was a breath of fresh air in the Premiership but I think he's going too far now.

dc007 said:
never admit his team was second best,
The truth is it doesnt happen very often, but when they were beaten by Boro he came out and siad Boro were the better team and Chelsea deserved to lose.

I have enjoyed watching Chelsea for a while now especially when Rannieri was in charge and when Jose first came.

However, recently I just cannot stand them. Not just Robben & Waste of space Drogbas nonsense but the sheer arrogance of the Club as a whole. The board who think they dont have to play be the rules for approaching players and other staff, the manager for the sheer tripe that he comes out with now like the Barca divers for instance (Pot/Kettle Anyone!!). Then some of the players Makalele with his whinging, Drogba for his tumbling antics (what is he about 6.3 and how ever many stones), Robben the same and even to a lesser extent Cole does it.

Robbo had every right to be aggrieved on Sat and Jose couldnt even be bothered to forget about it and shake hands with him as he waited for him.

Very low, and only seem to be going lower!

Here's my opinion for what its worth! (Liverpool fan by the way :smashin: )

Liverpool dominated for 15 years then Man united for the next 10 and this success wasn't down to who had the biggest cheque book and the ability to buy any player they wanted (Even to put them on the bench :mad: ). It was more down to excellent managerial skills & better tactics as well as an excellent choice of key players in all areas. It's obvious isn't it if you can buy "most" (but not all :cool: ) of the best players in the world then success is automatic, isn't it?

The rivalry between Liverpool & Man United is based on football not money.................

I hate Chelsea, partly because they have had (sorry bought) the success most supporters crave, but also because most of their players are cocky, arrogant, diving, whinging, play acting ...............

It's all good for game (well most of it) what else would we talk about in work on a Monday!

Don't forget the season and a half that Forest dominated the old First Division and the 2 years we made the European Cup our own :D

7up4it said:
Here's my opinion for what its worth! (Liverpool fan by the way :smashin: )

Liverpool dominated for 15 years then Man united for the next 10 and this success wasn't down to who had the biggest cheque book and the ability to buy any player they wanted (Even to put them on the bench :mad: ). It was more down to excellent managerial skills & better tactics as well as an excellent choice of key players in all areas. It's obvious isn't it if you can buy "most" (but not all :cool: ) of the best players in the world then success is automatic, isn't it?

The rivalry between Liverpool & Man United is based on football not money.................

I hate Chelsea, partly because they have had (sorry bought) the success most supporters crave, but also because most of their players are cocky, arrogant, diving, whinging, play acting ...............

It's all good for game (well most of it) what else would we talk about in work on a Monday!
Erm, none of that stands up actually. Liverpool did pick off the best players, as did Man utd. Liverpool invented the 'buy them and stick them on the bench' routine and were criticised for it in the 80's. Liverpool in the late 80's literally bought everyone in sight Aldridge, Houghton, Beardsley, Barnes, and so it went on - sans Chelsea. Pots and kettles?

As for Man Utd, was that comment for real? The Manc's are notorious for their big spending! At one point in the late 90's if a player was 'anyone' he was at Old Trafford!:rolleyes:

'Better tactics' and 'excellent management skills' my furry behind!:rolleyes:;)
Money brings success, and success brings power. Only two managers since the 50's have bucked that trend, Alf Ramsey and Brian (God) Clough.

Chelsea have only done what the NW giants did. Both on and off the field. Mourinho is arrogant. Yes. And Ferguson, or 'Captain obnoxious' as he's better known, isn't? Those arch whiners Paisley and Dalglish weren't?

Give me a break. :cool:

I may not like him, or Chelseas swagger either, but its NO different to the attitude on and off the field of both Liverpool and Man Utd had. Let's face it Wenger took a hammering too for his 'we'll go unbeaten comments'. He was right, but it got him in deep water.

Who can forget the uproar (not least as it was damaged!) when the Liverpool players were arrogantly tossing the Championship trophy to each other, then one dropped it and - just laughed.

Chelsea and their players are doing nothing that other successful clubs haven't done. The fuss being made over them by other fans proves once again, who really decides what or who is arrogant. The media.

Just waiting for Mourinho to explode. No one can keep up the act 24/7. Not denying the success of the team, but this fool is too much. I think Middlesborough are the only team that he thinks have beaten them fairly.:suicide:

As for comparing the success of Liverpool and ManU to Chelsea jokers, rubbish. These two giants of British football gained the respect before they were able to get out their cheque books. Man U's domination came off the back of their youth system!! They may have both been big spenders in Bristish footbal, but Chelsea have the world market.

Lets face it, Mourinho is better that Alex, he has managed to get the country to hate him and his team in less than two seasons.

Looking forward to a good game on Tuesday, but I won't shed any tears if Chelsea lose.

Originally Posted by Sick Boy
I think Middlesborough are the only team that he thinks have beaten them fairly

not many other clubs have beaten chelsea at all, let alone fairly. Man you maybe, Barca? Don't think so. Liverpool won without scoring a goal!

Originally Posted by Overkill
Erm, none of that stands up actually. Liverpool did pick off the best players, as did Man utd. Liverpool invented the 'buy them and stick them on the bench' routine and were criticised for it in the 80's. Liverpool in the late 80's literally bought everyone in sight Aldridge, Houghton, Beardsley, Barnes, and so it went on - sans Chelsea. Pots and kettles?

I'm glad you said that. I don't really think anything changes with regards to the media, what gets to me now with chelsea is the sheer bias against them from referees and officials.

I the past the media would dictate, the people would sing their songs and everyone would get on with it.

Nowaday the referees think they're famous, they look for a decision that will get them into the headlines, so maybe they get bigger games. This never happened in Man U's time of dominance; who remembers 'Fergie time?'

The refs then pass on bias reports to the FA and Fifa, who all too often get caught up in favouratism and scandal. Why did anyone from fifa need to aire it's opinoin about chelsea after the Andres Frisk incident, showing a blatent bias against us. Why did the FA feel a need to investigate Chelsea's money, but not a dicky-bow was said when Man U was bought with borrowed money, how can a governing body allow something like that to happen?
Favouratism.

rant over. lol

Hey Overkill,

Aint football brilliant! ;)

You have your opinion & I have mine :smashin: and never the twain shall meet.................

bu5ter said:
Well yeah Im a spurs fan

Saying that the Drogba dive was one of the worst bits of play acting ive seen for some time.

Ever since Jurgen Klinsman left White Hart Lane in fact :D

Ian J said:
Ever since Jurgen Klinsman left White Hart Lane in fact :D
Jurgen never dived :confused:

Oh except when he scored :D , Christ he did that alot ;)

Sick Boy said:
Just waiting for Mourinho to explode. No one can keep up the act 24/7. Not denying the success of the team, but this fool is too much. I think Middlesborough are the only team that he thinks have beaten them fairly.:suicide:

As for comparing the success of Liverpool and ManU to Chelsea jokers, rubbish. These two giants of British football gained the respect before they were able to get out their cheque books. Man U's domination came off the back of their youth system!! They may have both been big spenders in Bristish footbal, but Chelsea have the world market.

Lets face it, Mourinho is better that Alex, he has managed to get the country to hate him and his team in less than two seasons.

Looking forward to a good game on Tuesday, but I won't shed any tears if Chelsea lose.
Liverpool have never relied on a youth policy. The team of the 70's was built on buying up and coming names, the odd youth player and the big odd star. The 80's team was built on buying, buying, and more buying. The 84' teams biggest names for example, Dalglish, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Johnston, Souness, Wark, Nicol were all established players who came in for a fee. Rush and Grobellar came in (for fees) from the lower leauges. Only Lee and Whelan were youth products. That was atypical of Liverpool policy. Spin has encouraged us to forget it...........

For Utd's 'built on youth' team in 93 at the start of their reign, the following 'youth produced players' were the regulars, Ince (fee), Schmiechel (fee), Bruce (fee), Irwin (fee), Pallister (fee), McClair (fee), Cantona (fee), Parker (fee), and Sharpe err, umm, fee! In fact the only regular youth players in that team were Giggs and Andre Kanchelskis who was signed on one of these 'overseas linked youth policies', while Hughes, who was a youth player, cost a fee to return! So much for Utd building their success on youth before the chequebook............... :rolleyes:

You were saying about talking rubbish?;)

Chelsea have 'spent big in the World market' as you put it, but on what? Half of them have been given 'Chelsea are interested so let's add another 0 on the end of the fee' tags. Of the 'huge squad of stars' Chelsea have amassed, only Robben, Duff (Irish), Cech, Lampard (English) SWP (English, and doesn't get a look in anyway) and Joe Cole (erm, English again!) really make me want to get out the cheque book.

Of the 'World stars' Essien has still a lot to prove, while Makelele is the workhorse of the team, and while that works I'm not sure I'd pay big money for him. The rest are pretty average buys that fit well into the system - which, funnily enough, is what someone else claimed worked for Liverpool.

You could easily name just as many 'big stars' at Man Utd, and with 'raffa' and Houllier blowing £80 million up until the start of this season, never mind 'raffles' pre season spending, no small beer being spent there either.

7up4it said:
Hey Overkill,

Aint football brilliant! ;)

You have your opinion & I have mine :smashin: and never the twain shall meet.................
If they did life would be SO boring!:D

not really a chelsea hater but you do have to laugh at the blind defence of the diving players while he rages at the opposition for doing exactly the same thing as his lot.when he told the liverpool fans to shut up with the old finger to his lips that didnt offend me,what ****** me off is the fact he didnt have th eberrys to say "yeah it was aimed at the fans who had given me stick all game" tompson and that huge conk where ripped apart by opposition fans yet he never ran over to fans giving it the hush.

same as wenger,some of his collective memorys are absolutely hilarious.i seen that clear as day yet didnt see pires sprawled over the groud without being touched.i think our current divers would be garcia and possibly kewell but i wouldnt say we had anyone as bad as drogba (not so much robben apart from THAT incident:devil: ) oh cisse and nando like a dive one in a while aswell.

at the end of the day what goes around comes around and it was only a matter of time before the press etc turned on the current champs as our press usually like to love someone to an amazing point then turn as quick.

it was hilarious to see messi hit the deck though and to see the del horno get sent off :hiya: the progress the england players have made for chelsea is fantastic for the england team though for this world cup because in terry and lampard we have great replacements for carra and gerrard :rotfl: :hiya:

see, this is what i like to see, a bit of good honest debate. Cheers guys, especially overkill and SILVERBACK, good points. The problem is i'd like to see some of the press taking more of an objective view. Anyone ever Read La Gazzetta dello Sport, no i dont speak italian, but when i went over to rome for Chelsea's 4-0 win over lazio in 2003, the hotel manager read a match report to me, and it was such a good report, no bias at all, clear analysis of the game etc. It was a breath of fresh air missing from the english press.

Anyway,
What you reckon to the english teams chances in the Champ league this year?

i think chelsea are going to find it very hard, only 5% chance of getting through.

Arsenal look like they're on the way to the last 8 but you can never count real out, their players make a crap team, but they can pull some mad stuff out the bag.

Personally, my money's on rangers to win it.:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom