Chelsea v Liverpool

stefan_uk

Novice Member
I hope the HD is going to wow us all today, as this is the first big game of the season.....cmon sky get it right today:lease:

The championship games have been ok but not breathtaking!!!!

gazfromhodthorp

stefan_uk said:
I hope the HD is going to wow us all today, as this is the first big game of the season.....cmon sky get it right today:lease:

The championship games have been ok but not breathtaking!!!!
so far the liverpool chelsea footage is ten times better than the palace leeds game earlier

adamdodsworth

Serkie said:
Looks spot on to me, much better than the championship games.
The sound seems alot better aswell.

hdsport

adamdodsworth said:
The sound seems alot better aswell.
yeah the 'swooshing' of the team board behind my head was fairly cool they had a few problems it seemed during the anthem (and it wasn't just Mica Paris:D ) seems really good now a much more 'immersive' experience.

pointyone

looks very good indeed

philip birdi

Novice Member
Yes great PQ but what do you guys have yours set on 1080 or 720

darrenf

Novice Member
Am I the only one here that's not too impressed?

I've still got some of the world cup games recorded and in comparisson to those it's not in the same league.

One plus point is it's in 5.1 even though on the info it's not showing DD.

tony79

Novice Member
you're not the only one mate. I too think it's well below the standard the bbc set at the world cup. Maybe the german broadcasters have better cameras????!?!

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Well mine started going horribly blocky about half an hour ago followed by the "No satellite signal is being received" message. :thumbsdow

Does anyone have that freephone number for Sky CS?

Is everyone else's all ok?

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
have to say that so far i think it looks great,,pretty good match too

Kevo

Looks great to me, much better without the sun beating down like on those 'sun drenched over/under exposed' WC games

K

kwalitycounts

Looks great to me too. Looking forward to a whole season of this :)

IanM

I found it totally unwatchable. We had a storm and the first half was stop/start: 7 seconds of perfect sound and vision, followed by 2 seconds without sound and then a frozen picture for about 8 seconds, and then ok again for 7 seconds etc etc. It was perfectly consistent, so I guess something to do with the way the box buffers information. Very odd though. The second half was a write-off with a "Recording Interrupted" message for the entire time.

It wasn't just the Sky HD box either, because my Sky+ box completely failed.

I guess that's the trouble with satellite TV - a bit of bad weather and you can forget watching the game that you've been waiting for since the World Cup.

If only I was in a Telewest area...

blossom

Novice Member
I thought that the PQ was OK but sometimes I do notice some motion blurring and I thought that one of the cameras on the pitch at the end must have been an SD camera, not HD as the grass in the background was a bit blocky.

Still not sure whether to adjust the settings a bit for football.

Got the pic on 75hz. Would switching to 100hz help?

Still, enjoyed the match. Especially as I had a flutter on Liverpool with 20mins to go. Got 5/1. Rather generous Mr Hill I thought. Nice one Crouchy!

Cheers

Paul

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
am i right in thinking that even though im watching sport on sky sports hd if it doesnt say hd in the logo at top right then its not hd programme