Cheepest price for a Panasonic E85

I couldn't be bothered as I will only be recording from a digital source, I only want the pal signal to carry the vhf stations (I know it will effect sound quality) so that it will set the clock. I also read that if you loop the RF through the VCR (rf in to dvdr, rf out of dvdr to rf in vcr, rf out vcr to tv) that you will convert the signal to PAL I so that at the very least you still have an analog signal to the TV and VCR. I suppose if your analog signal is very strong and your recepition is very good that you may record from the analog source and as such in that case you should buy the local model, but I am saving just €400 by not doing this (even if I bought the UK model it would be no good as this only has a UHF tuner on it). I'll wait and see what gets delivered and if I'm not happy I'll return it for refund, however I don't think that it will be a problem for what I want it to do. Actually, I've just had a thought, the E85 will allow you to record direct from the TV i.e. whatever analog station that you are watching so if you DO have to record from an analog source then you could do it that way, not ideal for everyday use but it it an option. Also with regards to the signal conversion, isn't this done on the output, i.e. it takes the UHF or VHF signal in and then converts it to the output signal at a specific range? If this is correct then you can get an RF modulator that will convert the output to you TV to Pal I for £18.00

Quick update.

Just received confirmation that E85 has been handed to DHL for delivery so hopefully should have it next week :thumbsup: Excellent service so far.

For those of you who would like to record the analogue singal I would recommend that you don't go for the Panasonic imported from Germany as this will not work for you (as stated above it is PAL B/G and not PAL I as needed), if you want a machine that will do this then the Pioneer DVR 520H is on sale for €490 (about £340) and I don't think that you will get it for that price in the UK. I didn't go for this as I really want a Ram recorder (and JVC was out because its scart isnt RGB in) but this lack of analogue recordability will not effect me as I will only record from a digital source.

DV link is the main difference, apart from that I don't think that there is much more.

If you're in the UK then it would be best, the 420 for me from RS in Ireland would cost just under €600 so the import from Germany would be better for me but as I want the E85 and that would be nearer the €700-€800 mark (the E55 is €400 here) I think the German option is best without a doubt.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom