Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Checking signal strength

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bursar, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Can I check the signal strength for TV reception myself? My mum was having a new aerial installed today, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to have a word with the installer.

Due to where I live, I currently have a loft mounted aerial. Speaking to him, he says it's possible I may get digital reception with a newer internal aerial, but he'd need to measure the signal strength to see if it's possible.

Otherwise I'd need an external aerial, and I need to find out if I'm allowed to fit one (the house is inside the curtalege of a listed building, so there are some restrictions).

The main reason for asking, is that this guy will charge me over £160 for a new aerial and installation. If I can get away with an internal aerial, I should be able to sort myself for about half that!

So back to my original question - can I check the signal strength myself, or will I need to get someone out to do it for me?

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Anyone?