1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking DVD Authoring Software

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DVDandVCD, Jan 16, 2005.

1. DVDandVCD

DVDandVCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Is it possible to check what software was used for authoring andrecording certain DVD? I have some DVD which is compatabile with every device I tried. I would like to find out with which program was it made. Also what is the most compatabile DVD-R disc? Princo turned out to be BAD although it got decent feedback. Is there any other software than neoDVD that can record in good quality straight to VOB files? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! Thank is advance.

2. DVDandVCD

DVDandVCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help!!!

3. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I think that DVDInfoPro (freeware, from here) can display the authoring stamp (aka 'Implementation Id') of +R or -R discs.

I don't think you are using 'compatibility' in the right context, but if you don't use good quality discs you have no chance of comparing compatibility. For information on various manufacturer's disc products, see here.

You're going to have to explain "straight to VOB files". Otherwise, any DVD burning software such as Nero will copy a ripped bare MPEG2 file to DVD, which will play in some multiformat players.