1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check this out !!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by alanrob, Sep 18, 2001.

1. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Sounds like a scam m8.<br />His name sounds a bit iffy to start with.

Guess it doesn't cost anything to find out his prices though.

2. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In addition to which he's using a hotmail address which looks very suspicious indeed.<br />Personally i wouldn't touch this guy with a bargepole regardless of what his prices are!Sometimes the lowest prices isn't necessarily the best.I would much rather pay an extra £2-£3 per disc whilst having the peace of mind of knowing it will turn up on the doorstep!

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    How can an ex employee get access to the email you sent to this company? Sounds too dodgy for me ...

4. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last week I placed an order with DVD Dynamic. I did not receive a confirmation from them so I sent them an email yesterday to find out if the order was received ok.

I got this email in reply when I came in to work this morning:

Hello <br /> <br />I am an ex employee of DvD Dynamic Inc. I have since started my own distribution center. I would first like to start by saying that I do apologize to anyone who has not received their product from this company. That is something that is out of my control and one of the many reasons that I have left. I can offer you a better price on DvD Region 1 titles then you will find anywhere else on the planet and I can guarantee it. The reason I can say this is because I am not working directly with the Studios so the prices are going to be much better. If you are interested in having a list sent to you with New Releases etc and are interested in ordering please send an email to dvdbroker@hotmail.com with your address and the title you wish to acquire and I will get back to you right away with a price that you wont believe. Again I can offer you a better price then anywhere else on the planet with Region 1 titles. <br /> <br />Sincerely<br />Bram S. Rubinoff<br />dvdbroker@hotmail.com

Has anyone else received anything like this. More to the point has anyone ordered from DVD Dymanic recently and got their DVD's?

[ 18-09-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]</p>

5. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    also for dodgy looking ( although maybe completly legit and I personally have nothing against them ) look at (Blade Removed Pirate Link)

Please do not post Pirate Links on the Board - Blade.

[ 19-09-2001: Message edited by: Blade ]</p>

6. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am begining to wonder if my personal details are safe now. If he was an ex employee then would he have my card details as well?

I have tried to contact DVDDynamic but I have never got a reply yet. I have also looked on their site to see where I can cancel my orders but cannot find anywhere.

Has anyone used them in the past? what are they like for deliveries etc?