Check out this website

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been browsing these forums for a while but only just signed up now - so hi everyone!! :hiya:

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this link as it looks like a good site to buy from and i'm looking to buy PGR3 atm.

Has anyone bought from this site before? If so how was it?

Hi Jemini and welcome to AVForums!! :thumbsup:

I have bought from ecdirect.co.uk before (i bought a psp) and they were great. I would definately reccommend them.

Also, Jemini, if you are thinking about PGR3 i would personally reccommend you give Full Auto a look because i have found it so fun to play - especially with friends and on xbox live. Either way they are both great games but if you want something that is a bit different (in a mad, yet extremely fun sort of way) be sure to give Full Auto a proper look-in!!

Edit: Looks like PSP prices / deals have changed a bit. £140 for psp, memory card, headphones + remote now... still very good deal if you think about it!

Does look rather cheap to be true

I like the look of that retro console to play old NES cartridges too

A few things that put me off are:

1. They do not appear to have a phone number

2.They do not seem to have one of those safe shopping thingy's

Please note that occasionally we experience technical issues with our servers and this may cause your email to bounce. If this happens please re-send your email to: [email protected]

Are there any long time members that have used this site?

tris

Well, like i say, i used them once for a PSP and that was a really easy transaction and a good deal.

I think that retro console thing looks quite cool as well actually! But i think that if i buy anything from them it will be either a 360 game or a 360 cable so i can play on my monitor :D

Anyone else bought from them before?

Edit: btw, nero, when you go to the payment page it is secure so i guess it should be safe.

Without wanting to sound accusing I think people should be careful. fozburt has only 10 posts and a good amount of those about this website, and often in a conversation with a new member.
Like I say I don't wish to accuse but I'm just stating the facts.

Michaelknell said:
Without wanting to sound accusing I think people should be careful. fozburt has only 10 posts and a good amount of those about this website, and often in a conversation with a new member.

That is understood, that is why I am cautious but dont want to cause any offence

tris

Michaelknell, dont you think i might have started this topic if i was really trying to promote my own website? It doesn't matter to me where you buy your stuff from but i think its good to use this site as they have low prices and they delivered fast to me...

i posted one topic about this site as i was so surprised to get PSP fro £125 in the uk. I dont even remmeber any new members in that topic anyway... the main reason for posting in this thread is that i wanted to recc'mend Full Auto as its an awesome game! Then Nero asked some questions and i attempted to answer them...

Also, i've been a member for ages and ive been involved in loads of other threads - check out some - notice how i'm looking for info about importing a 360 and also buying a screen for my 360 - if i was running a site like this dont u think i would already know the details about an xbox 360 and also a few decent TVs for the 360??

I dont mean to be rude or seem like im getting angry or anything, but im just saying that i was so pleased to get a brand new PSP for £125 from the UK that i think the site deserves some positive comments!

Can't we just settle this over a nice round or two of Halo 2 / Full Auto / PGR3 anyone??

fozburt said:
Michaelknell, dont you think i might have started this topic if i was really trying to promote my own website? It doesn't matter to me where you buy your stuff from but i think its good to use this site as they have low prices and they delivered fast to me...

i posted one topic about this site as i was so surprised to get PSP fro £125 in the uk. I dont even remmeber any new members in that topic anyway... the main reason for posting in this thread is that i wanted to recc'mend Full Auto as its an awesome game! Then Nero asked some questions and i attempted to answer them...

Also, i've been a member for ages and ive been involved in loads of other threads - check out some - notice how i'm looking for info about importing a 360 and also buying a screen for my 360 - if i was running a site like this dont u think i would already know the details about an xbox 360 and also a few decent TVs for the 360??

I dont mean to be rude or seem like im getting angry or anything, but im just saying that i was so pleased to get a brand new PSP for £125 from the UK that i think the site deserves some positive comments!

Can't we just settle this over a nice round or two of Halo 2 / Full Auto / PGR3 anyone??

I understand how you feel if the site is legit. However, inever said it wasn't, mearly stated facts. I hope it is for real as it has good deals.
As for your comment on being a member for ages; you've made 11 posts, including the ones in this topic. It's hardly prolific.

lol. ok maybe not a member for ages - but ive been on here since november which is quite a while...

Edit: Cool, michael i'll add you now - Halo2?

Michaelknell said:

Mate you should calm down, you seem rather paranoid. I think fozburt was answering a question, not promoting 'his website'

michaelT1888 said:
Mate you should calm down, you seem rather paranoid. I think raid was answering a question, not promoting 'his website'

I'm not the only one to be paranoid.
This is a post created by him. I'd like to reiterate that I am in no way making accusations, but as the cliché goes; when things look too good to be true they often are.

Well we all started somewhere I guess.

This site could possibly be legit, none of us will know without trying it out for ourselves. I dont have a credit card or online protection (that I know of) which is why I'm a little 'paranoid', but at the end of the day we could be missing out on some great offers.

This could well be a guy (not fozburt, the site owner) that deals on ebay, but also set up his own site without paypal option due to the fees etc....

I'll wait and see what develops from this forum, and get in touch with the company themselves. I will not judge poor old fozburt, he's new and only trying to help:smashin: And as said before there were so many new members joining when the 360 was released, so I say welcome aboard:)

tris

I would to say thankyou to nero for a very rational assessment of the situation!

The only thing is that i paid for my order through Paypal which is secure for buyers - although for sellers it is the equivalent of throwing money off a bridge as its so hard to resolve their bloody "paypal disputes" :mad:

Still, am i the only one to have purchased anything from them yet? Did you buy a game Jemini?

Sorry but that site looks rather suspect, and look their location....

ye there has been a debate over that point throughout this thread, i dont think i would buy anything from it, even know i started the thread after reading some of the things said about it

Just cause it looks amature like don't mean it aint legit. Not all people running small sole trader pc games shop are going to be able to pay for a web designer to create a brilliant site or nessecary have the knowledge and a programme like dreamweaver or whatever people choice is to create their own pro site.

The payments are done through NOCHEX or paypal so you could always claim if it is a scam, also shows they aint just a site for stealing your CC details

I dont know about you lot but i do fancy getting 1 of those little rc boats my little 1 would love that in the bath :clap:

Well i just bought a copy of Full Auto from this site after doing some research - i think i'll put PGR3 on hold and see if Full Auto is as good as many reviews and people say it is.

Thanks for the advice earlier Fozburt - nice to have the input of someone who has actually bought something from the site!

Those little RC hovercrafts actually look quite cool (for my little kid of course ;))! I'll let you know how this order goes so we can see for sure what the site is like.

:)

Edit: Just to let you know, i emailed EC direct's sale's email address ([email protected]) and asked them about cloughmill (the company registered to the same address) and they said that they are owned by cloughmill and are the electronics branch of that company - so i guess that explains something....

Ok, reading all your comments i'm starting to get worried about buying a game from this site... is it safe do you think? And what do you mean about their address being dodgy?

At least i paid by Paypal - surely i can't be conned after paying through that can i?

Look, Jemini, this site is safe. I have bought a PSP from them! And if you paid by Paypal there is no way you can be scammed - relax!!

hehe - i like the look of that little boat - its cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom