Check out this MAME cab

yep that's a beaut.

I've been thinking about mame for a while but finally got around to downloading it this weekend.

Along with a rom or two. I was suprised at just how easy it was to setup. I was even more suprised to realise that an actual arcade machine was running on my laptop.

Awesome.

I'm currently downloading the full set (4700 odd roms) speeds are atrocious and its going to take the best part of two weeks, will be worth it though!

Hi see if you can get Outrun to work for me.

Dave.

Like the mame cabinet on the link............ very smart.

I like the size aswell its not over big like some ive seen.

Speaking of mame does anyone have any suggestions where i can get the roms from ??? Any help would be great.

DIZZLE

Originally posted by 2manyconsoles
You want individual ones or the whole set?

www.mameworld.net has links to most of the best sites.
I much prefer:

http://suprnova.org + Bit Torrent software
Xnews software + your newsgroup/news server
Peer to peer file transfering software

That teams of resources has made me basically forget about using websites for downloading.

I use Bittorrent myself, thats where I'm getting the full set from (thought its bloody slow at the moment!) a lot of people don't want the hassle of getting 10GB+ worth of games so prefer the individual downloads.

> a lot of people don't want the hassle of getting 10GB+ worth of games so prefer the individual downloads.
Such as myself. I still get them from the same places though. I don't think I could like 4 1/2 thousand games enough to play them....maybe even ONCE a month!

I've never seen much in the way of individual games on P2P only sets. Obvisouly I won't play everything, I tend to skim through the list and find stuff by companies I like or anything recent then give it a go and make a mental note if its worth coming back to.

The full set of ROMS plus all the chd's is a whopping 21.5GB though its 'only' 2702 actual games as most are regional variations or revisions.

I'm well aware of the aspects of MAME. I was just saying that it's a lot of downloading for me that won't be useful.

Also, as you pointed out, it's just a lot of downloading in general. :D

emuconnect host all the roms that are now classed as non-profit
plus if you are using a p2p try emule/edonkey
just search for "mame sharereactor"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom