check out this 32" puppy!!!!

marty2005 said:
went to the Sagem website and it only shows 27" lcd. Says it has DVI input, so that means you have to input your sound through analogue. Why do lcd tv's seem to only have DVI in rather than HDMI.

Is there going to be a 42"?

Hi,

If you go to to AVWOW.com website - http://www.avwow.co.uk/acatalog/L32.pdf - they have the latest pdf data sheet. Don't know if there is going to be a 42 inch but the 32 inch has a HDMI slot.

Steviemacca

For those interesting in this TV, consider the LG 32LP1D, it's a slightly better specified TV that this one, although somewhat more expensive, but available now. If the sub £1000 reports in this thread are correct, then the sagem is an incredible deal.

ive looked at the LG lcd screen, but having previouisly owned an 19lg lcd monitor which was sent back for repairs ( and some how lost) im not thouching anything with an LG badge

Have you noticed in the pdf data sheet that they have labeled the vga and hdmi input incorrectly.lol

Picked it up last night real late and did a quick set-up with a sky box and a pc connection via vga and rf lead. Really good looking telly.

Impressed with the analogue pictures, so then set up the freeview element. Really good picture quality, really impressed. Then turned the pc on, really impressed again with the picture quality. Tried the Picture and Picture option, very impressed except for size of the images. Never managed to work out how to turn back to normal picture, so turned off and on again. Sound quality very good. Had been watching about half an hour when it turned itself off, never to turn on again. So its on its way back for a replacement on Tuesday.

Steviemacca

can you get any pics of the screen mate?

im sorta leaning towards this one atm funds pending

Yaka said:
can you get any pics of the screen mate?

im sorta leaning towards this one atm funds pending

Well hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures, but TV gone back for replacement on Tuesday.

Steviemacca

ah didnt noticed that it didnt turn on again.

Got my new one last nite at 10PM so had little time set-up. This one hasn't stopped working after half hour! Spatial sound is fantastic. With picture quality the jury is out. VGA feed from pc is near perfect, whereas analogue is grainy (guess thats hardly a surprise) and Freeview with built in tuner is better but showing artefacts which I guess are part of the transmission. Channel change on digital is really quick compared to any other box I've had.

Hoping to connect my DVD player via HDMI tonight and I'm hoping that will be great. Will take some photos as soon as my camera is fixed (one year old decided it would be funny to drop). Remote is better to use than it looks. TV though looks wise is one of the best I've seen.

Steviemacca

Struggling at the moment to do pictures as no camera. Did connect up my Samsung 725 DVDR via the HDMI slot. The quality of Monsters Inc was stunning. Want to see it do High Definition now.

Steviemaccca

im deciding if to buy this blind or not,

ive narrowed my choices down to the samsung 32" sharp 32GA6E or this one

seriously hate buying stuff "blind" ive seen the sammy and thinks its preety decent, and the Sharp GA6E are meant to be same as the preivos versions. and this sagem is displayed in makro on a crappy sd feed. the staff there might as be crash test dummies

Yaka

All I can say is that I bought this blind. I really love it, very pleased. Only slight disappointment is the artefacts from Freeview signal and analogue. HDMI and VGA displays gorgeous. Haven't connected component yet, but confident it will be really good.

Steviemacca

Why is it TV's are behind computer monitors in respect to response times? The fastest PC Monitor I have seen was 4ms but the best LCD TV response time I have seen is this one @10ms and most are a great deal slower, closer to 25ms.

It looks like johnlewis has these in stock@£1195 inc del & 5 year guarantee, do their online store do price matching?
I'm very tempted by this at this price, but I might wait a bit to find out a few more opinions on them first.

4ms response times is not toaly accurate. the ones which are claiming 4ms are actually closer to 12ms.

and for tv/dvd viewing 16ms or there abouts is god enuff. ive got a dell 2405 widescreen monitor me self its 16ms response time is barley noticable in gaming

Looks a nice bit of kit - don't think it offers more than the excellent Samsung though at £850 !

the sammy is hard to find in stock anywhere, andi think this does 1:1 pixel map via the hdmi port when connect to gfx card dvi port.

Yaka said:
..i think this does 1:1 pixel map via the hdmi port when connect to gfx card dvi port.
Is this definite? Don't think anyone in this thread has confirmed it, and I want to be sure before I put this on my short-list.

SAGEM HD-L32 PRoblem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Just myself a SAGEM HD-L32 1st time I turned it on then off i got this weird white mist around the edges of the TV (this eventually disapeared) Hasnt apeared since, just wanted to know if anyone else has experianced this?

thanks

Jacks

Jacks said:
SAGEM HD-L32 PRoblem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Just myself a SAGEM HD-L32 1st time I turned it on then off i got this weird white mist around the edges of the TV (this eventually disapeared) Hasnt apeared since, just wanted to know if anyone else has experianced this?

thanks

Jacks

Jacks

Funny you say this, I hadn't noticed it at all (had it about 3 weeks now) until last night noticed misting around the screen for a few seconds. I've never seen it before and can't guarantee it was part of the programme as I was channel switching. I'll keep an eye out though. It only seemed to last about 3 or 4 seconds.

Steviemacca

yeh,

Prob gonna e-mail them or call them and ask them if it needs to be taken back, I only see the mist when the TV is off then it disapears. I suppose aslong as ot dont affect Viweing, but i would still like to know if theres a problem

thanks

Jacks

You weren't watching that film about Gorilla's with Sigourney Weaver at the time were you?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'll get my coat:( :(

how are people getting on with there sagem 32" are they any good

i got mine from macro but component input was naffed in one, just get blue and red screen. second one had hazy/fading screen effect which ive never seen on lcd tv before, first one worked fine via pc dvi and looked stunning but leeds makro dont have them in stock atm so i asked for a refund

thanks for the info i had the 27" version since it was released and am very happy with it just wondered how the 32" version fared.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom