1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check Out These Beauties!!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Suave, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Hi Everyone!

Came across these two models from INFOCUS- dont know if they are any good but from the specs it seems so - and I think they look great! The 50" model is just 5" thick and the 61" model is only 6.5" thick!! Looks t]like the new designer Samsung has got a run for its money, in the looks department anyway! I checked the infocus UK website but no sign of them so I guess we cant have them over here! (If anyone found out about these before and did a post - I'm sorry to have repeated it!)

http://www.infocushome.com/amer/eng/menu.asp

Suave!

2. Capt Morgan

Capt Morgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The depth for these units is not in the screen but in the pockets needed to afford one, $7K MRRP in the states.
    Given were in rip-off Britian I'd expect almost the same pricing but with the pound sign :(

3. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Hey Capt Morgan!

Funny how one moment we are great country, great market, World's 4th largest economy, G7 nation, blah, blah, blah.. and the next, we are not good enough for products that others in the world can have access to! And when we do, good Ol' RIPP OFF BRITAIN makes sure we pay through the nose for it - and we should bow, bend over, get shafted and be grateful for it as it is for our own good! When it comes to most things to do with consumerism, we in Britain live in a 2nd class country and pay the highest prices and taxes for less products and less choice.

Suave!

4. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    this telly is also under the thomson badge which is what we will be getting sometime this year.........it is actually on the thomson website now!!!

5. Capt Morgan

Capt Morgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm Suave,

Japanese Electronic Consumer Durable’s gotter love um even in this less than perfect world were in.
    Though I'd like to go back a few years to some good old fashioned British honest but like it or lump it service.
    Rather that this slick all style and no substance but you have a good day now y’all that we seem to get.

6. Capt Morgan

Capt Morgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just checked out the Thomson site looks like they've only got the 61" so I'll start the saving now eh

7. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen them in a shop and the picture is really bad, first of all they have a very low light ouput and the whole picture looks dim, i don't think they are so good really.

8. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    where did you see them and what did they cost???

9. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Thomson?!! Arghhh... I wont even go there then! What shame - such lovely looking set and all! (reminds me LG - fantastic looking stuff but I just don't consider the results delivered as good as most of the established makes) I checked and its a one chip DLP model - from what I've read, its best to get a 3 chip model, is that right?

Suave!

10. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    No 3 chip DLP TVs at the moment, mate. 'Consumer' front projectors have only just been released with 3 chips, and they cost mega-bucks.