1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check out the "burn in" on this...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by StooMonster, Aug 22, 2003.

1. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    [​IMG]
    Check out the right hand screen

As well as Internet Explorer being crashed, look at the screen burn. Too many plasmas in stations, airports, etc these days.

Source: The Inquirer

StooMonster

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With permanent or semi-permanent displays like these shown, burn-in will occur on rear-projection and CRT displays also. In a domestic situation it is unlikely a plasma display will remain static for periods of time likely to cause burn-in. If it does happen, the built-in screenwipes are very effective.

3. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    It hasn't crashed, it just can't find the URL.

Gary A

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    "This page cannot be displayed" error is not "Can't find URL" error. :p

It looks like either IE has crashed trying to display a page, or the ASP/web/.Net/etc application creating has crashed -- either way, shouldn't happen on a timetable application. :devil:

StooMonster

5. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +656
    Just after I got my plasma, I went on a business trip to Canada via Terminal 3 at Heathrow.

They had many Panasonic series 4 displays running static flight info, and I was surprised that they didn't have obvious screen burn.

However, when I arrived in Ottawa, they too had gone down the Plasma route, and had selected NEC screens.. In contast, theirs were totally f**ked!

It could be that Panasonic screens don't suffer screen burn as bad as others, it could be that they hadn't been installed as long.

But, it was frightening to see how bad screen burn could be, but re-assuring when you think how long these screens had displayed the same image..

6. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    In our store, we've never had burn-in problems with any Panasonic although it happens pretty often on Fujitsus.

However, the Virgin Travel Shop's Pannies around the corner had to be replaced after suffering severe burn-in.

As for plasmas at train stations, all of Paddington's are pretty f..... and yesterday I saw a CRT monitor on the platform where a pop-up message showing 'log-book full, click OK to continue' was permeantly on screen and some lazy rail worked couldn;t be bother to click OK.

7. mid_gen

mid_gen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I know someone who worked on the installation of the plasmas at Paddington etc. The young technicians insisted on plasmas because they were 'new' and 'cool', but were in fact totally inappropriate. First of all they had problems with the engineers, the big racks of plasmas weigh a ton and there was a worry that the platform would subside, secondly the plasmas were initially mounted much lower, but they were so hot they were dangerous, and had to be raised.

Silly people...

Oh, and the IE error is 'Cannot find server or DNS Error', which you can read at the bottom, IE simply can't find the page, for whatever reason :)