1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check out my new system!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by blue_harvester, Aug 18, 2003.

1. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked up the last of my new system today from RS. The system is as follows:

Receiver: Marantz SR4300
    Front L + R: Eltax Liberty 5+
    Centre: Eltax Liberty Centre
    Rear L + R: Eltax HT2BP

Wanted to keep the speakers all the one make so that they would match. Can anyone recomend a subwoofer that would compliment this system, please bear in mind that this is quite a budget system!

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Probably the value value "decent" sub around is the BK XLS 200 at £279 available from here

BK Electronics are one of the largest sub manufacturers in the country and the people who have bought this one seem to have been pleased with their purchase.

As they don't have a huge advertising budget or huge dealer netwrk they are able to keep the prices down as this sub would probably cost double through a dealer network

3. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    You could always keep a beady eye on the classified here. I picked up a Servo 15 for £300 (retail £500 at RS). I too have a set of Eltax speakers from RS - Symphony 6 fronts and centre and the HT2BPs.

I tried an REL Quake and Q150 plus a £350 Yamaha sub in a couple of Manchester stores but they didn't seem to have the oomph I was looking for. I found my Eltax fronts had a reasonable bass to them and found it was better to sit back and wait and save up for something bigger than buying something I may have wanted to upgrade very soon.

I too was in the position of only wanting to spend £250 - £350 on a sub but was convinced by some of the esteemed members (inc. IanJ) to lift my sights a little to get the sound I was after. I can honestly say i don't regret it. The servo 15 simply blows away any of the above mentioned boxes.

happy hunting

Chris