• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Check my internet stats!

deep1986

Established Member
Hi everyone,

With my BT Homehub 2.0 I get random disconnects and I don't know what the cause is.

When this disconnect happens all the lights on the homehub remain the same (the blues) but any equipment are disconnected.

Currently connected via wired is 1 Synology 411j and a home plug, wirelessly just my laptop.

Everytime this happens I have to press the reset button and then all is well again

Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 0:04:03
Downstream 13,433 Kbps
Upstream 888 Kbps

VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 3.4 dB / 14.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 33.0 dB / 17.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm

Barely any of this makes sense to me but I am hoping that one of you useful lot will get it!

Thanks for any help

Deep

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Moved to the BT board.

Have you contacted BT at all about the disconnections, they may be able to run some line tests and see if they can find any problems.

deep1986

Established Member
Moved to the BT board.

Have you contacted BT at all about the disconnections, they may be able to run some line tests and see if they can find any problems.
Ah thanks for moving it.

I have spoken to BT but they are extremley unhelpful.
They've done a line test and have said its "ok"

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
When this disconnect happens all the lights on the homehub remain the same (the blues) but any equipment are disconnected.

Currently connected via wired is 1 Synology 411j and a home plug, wirelessly just my laptop.
That is extremely odd because I would would expect at least some of the lights to flash a bit.

I'm not clear what equipment you have, for example one doesn't normally have just one HomePlug.

I'm also not clear what you mean by: "but any equipment are disconnected" Disconnected from what? How do you know?

deep1986

Established Member
Its one pair of home plugs sorry should have made that clear

My laptop will disconnect from the hub and then it won't reconnect. My revo is connected via home hub and when my laptop is disconnected my revo also disconnects. My phone can't access the network
Nothing works until I reset the hub

Sent from my HTC Desire using AVForums

C

cameron1590

I would ask BT for a replacement Hub 2.0, if problem still persist just post back

Thanks

Cameron

deathtrap3000

Established Member
Homehubs are rubbish. I get these problems all the time. People say their kit gets disconnected and the lights all stay on and they come back online when a reset is done. Theres nothing wrong with the line 99% of the time.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
We have the same problem with ours. Wireless just disconnects, normally when we power up a 2nd laptop. Wired stays working. About 3 times a week I would say...

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Homehubs are rubbish. I get these problems all the time. People say their kit gets disconnected and the lights all stay on and they come back online when a reset is done. Theres nothing wrong with the line 99% of the time.
I disagree with the statrment that: "Homehubs are rubbish". For a start there are at least three major versions. And i don't " get these problems all the time". I have just had my first HH 1.0 die in service and I installed it years ago.

In my experience, Line Faults are the most common DSL problem.

deathtrap3000

Established Member
I disagree with the statrment that: "Homehubs are rubbish". For a start there are at least three major versions. And i don't " get these problems all the time". I have just had my first HH 1.0 die in service and I installed it years ago.

In my experience, Line Faults are the most common DSL problem.
Disagree away. Nobodys stopping you. But I did say that 99% of the time, when people experience a disconnection, and their hh stays in sync, then its a bug with the hh, not the line.

Dazo

Established Member
Its one pair of home plugs sorry should have made that clear

My laptop will disconnect from the hub and then it won't reconnect. My revo is connected via home hub and when my laptop is disconnected my revo also disconnects. My phone can't access the network
Nothing works until I reset the hub

Sent from my HTC Desire using AVForums

Had the same problem. Binned the HomeHub and never had a problem since. No amount of reading of the Wifi thread banded about is going to explain why the wired PC also loses its connection. If you have got the money buy a decent Router from elsewhere. I went for the Netgear WNDR3700 and am delighted with how it performs. If you don't want to spend the money I would get BT to change the HH for a new one and see if it makes any difference.

deathtrap3000

Established Member
Disagree away. Nobodys stopping you. But I did say that 99% of the time, when people experience a disconnection, and their hh stays in sync, then its a bug with the hh, not the line.
Just had my line "disconnect" on me. But ive got my tester to prove it wasnt a line fault. The homehubs are rubbish, even the hub 3's. Had to restart to get the net back.

Amran

Established Member
hi,

i had problem like that with my home hub 2.0 and while i was doing research people said to change wireless channel to a free one where neighbour not using so i done that and it start working. But now i am using Home Hub 3 i don't have to change the wireless channel which is good thing because it does it for me automatically when there is interference with other neighbour wireless channel. And i find that BT Hub 3 keeps the connection more longer than the hub 2 so i think BT improved there hub 3.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom