1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheating XBoxer's live.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gooner1, Dec 21, 2004.

1. gooner1

gooner1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. My lad has been on XBox live now for 2 weeks. My question is. Why or how do some players have the ability to cheat.

i.e. My lad was playing Halo 2 the other night and an American was flying around without being detected and merrily killing off everyone in sight.. :eek:
    2 other users were laying into him saying....(You promised not to use the "Glitch").???Now us being new to this Live Malarchy did not think that cheating was possible..I myself was playing Moto GP2 the other night when some geezer on a bike that can only be described as looking like it was on rails and travelling at a 1000 miles per hour passed me as i was spitting out grit... :rolleyes: If cheating does go on then i feel very dissapointed in the whole Live experience.. :mad: From what iv'e witnessed so far. It certainly is not a level playing field..

Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this..

Thanks..
    Mark......

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    Unfortunately as long as people modify their consoles, this will continue. (Disclaimer: I am not claiming anyone with a modded box is a cheater, but that every cheater has a modded box). To be honest though, its not widespread in my experience, certainly not when you compare the service to PC online gaming.

The ultimate way to a good cheat free game though is having a good friends list. You could do worse than add a few of us from here and join us when you see us online. :thumbsup:

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Not all cheating is from modded xboxes - many are just in game glitches - most games are poorly play tested and these glitches are the result for example the lean glitch in rainbow 6, the slope glitch in ghost recon.Lots of other glitches on many games that allow you to look through walls/ sometimes shoot through them.
    There is a glitch in Halo 2 using the sword where you can flyish.
    You dont need a modded xbox to alter game saves - you can use something like the Datel Max drive to allow you to connect the Save file to your pc and then with the correct software you can alter the save - There was lots of these going round for Ghost recon that gave you a 500round rocket firing M16 with perfect accuracy etc etc.
    Best thing to do is always report the cheaters using the feedback option and where possible just play with people on your friends list.

4. Easy_Shooter

Easy_Shooter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you have a look on this site some where there is a list of all us guys who play on x-box live. that way you will not have a cheating problem

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    a glitch isnt realy cheating is it, for instance in UK2003 you could fall through some scenary and run under the map and quite happily shoot people but they couldnt even see you, i found it by pure chance. or there was a glitch where another member if stood right by you with the flag could boost your frag count by thousands,
    its just game bugs and should be ignored. what realy is bad is the amount of aimbots that can be attained for both pc shooters and xbox live. seems thats all young swedish kids have time to do is wright spoil code (some off which even the anti tcc servers are not picking up. and the fact that the bot is able to be random ie on for 3 kills off for 3 kills so not outright obvious)
    now this does kill the game, hell there are websites outhere where you can just download an aimbot. unknown******* etc.(edited , dont need anymore cheaters.)

WE HATES THEM