Cheapo DIY Painted Screen

Don't know where you are Bert but this place is in Wolverhampton in the Midlands.

I can PM you the contact details if you like.

stevegreen said:
Don't know where you are Bert but this place is in Wolverhampton in the Midlands.

I can PM you the contact details if you like.

Could I have them as well please, Just doing a referb of my cinema room.

FlyingBig said:
..and bought my MDF for a fiver ....

that's cheap, I bought an 8'x4' MDF 6mm sheet plus all the batons from my local DIY shop. I was already projecting onto the wall so knew exactly the 16:9 size I needed hence I got the DIY shop to cut it precisely to size and deliver it too! Came to about 19 quid all in, I gave them 20. Already had the white paint, small pot of matt black was 3 or 4 quid.

...PJ

neil c said:
Right guys, I've finished the screen using Ice Storm 6 for the image area and Ice Storm 3 for the border, and it's improved the picture no end.

I required 3 tester pots of Ice Storm 6 and 1 of Ice Storm 3, which totalled £8, not a bad price for the vastly improved picture, it really has made a world of difference.

Neil C, what was the thinking behind using the pale grey instead of a brilliant white? Is it especially suited for the Z3. I'm close to buying a Z4 and am thinking about a DIY screen.

Hi every one
I used 90" diagonal piece of MDF painted with 2 layers of undercoat, then 3 layers of a mixture of matt white and silver paint mixed at a ratio of 5:1, gently sanded between each coat except the last one. I have compared this against screen material samples from DRH and the DIY job beat it easily.

Attachments

• front view 1+.jpg
    front view 1+.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 126
oconnpad

Yes it is, I painted it myself as I couldn't afford the real one(£650).

Attachments

• Scarface.jpg
    Scarface.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 100
Fair play to you, it looks amazing and to do it yourself even better.

You could make a few bob surely painting and selling them.

Good stuff anyway

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom