Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cheapish speaker kits a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by irishstu, Nov 14, 2004.

1. irishstu

irishstu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plan to get my hands on either a denon 1905 or 1705 in the near future. My question is would I be better buy expensive separate speakers as I can afford them or go for either of the 2 systems below. I can`t find any reviews of these anywhere & I guess no one on this forum has experience of either of these?

I know they are not the known speaker manufacturers but I am on a tight budget and looks are getting more important than performance as this is my first system (won`t know what i`m missing) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sony SAVS300H
    http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/Content/Products/details/index.asp?modelcode=SON-SAVS300H
    [​IMG]
    or

Panasonic XR2000
    http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/Content/Products/details/index.asp?modelcode=PAN-XR2000
    [​IMG]
    Thanks.
    :lease:

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't comment on the Pana or Sony but as always there's plenty of choice in the <£350 range. Do a quick search for compact or sub/sat speakers here and you should find loads.
    The favoured packages at the moment are mostly Canton CD1, Mordaunt-Short Premiere and Tannoy FX-1, you'll find loads of info about them and their competitors here if you look :thumbsup: