1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapesttv.co.uk ????

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by perry ferrit, Mar 4, 2002.

1. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this site offering the HITACHI C36WF810n tv at mental prices. I know there tvs are graded stock but even so all there tvs come with 3 months guarantee with the option of buying further extended warantys. Has any one bought from them if so did you have any problems? Is it worth buying from them or stay well away also does any one know if you can visit there premises and check out there tvs your self ?

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Just a three month guarantee? I might be wrong, but doesn't most electronic kit come with a standard 12 months manufactures guarantee?

I haven't heard of the site which would make me stay clear and also the fact that they are only doing Hitatchi TV suggests something suspect to me.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you doen a full search on here Perry? I seem to recall some guy posting that he'd bought from these people and was well happy!

Cheers
    OG

4. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has any one else got anything to add ??????????

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

This was my email to them:

"I received the set this morning, the 32WF810 and I must say I am disapointed at the condition in which it arrived.

I did wonder wether to accept delivery in the first place, as the set was so badly packaged in a different model Hitachi box.

I haven't bothered to even plug in the set or to build the stand as I am not prepared to accept the tv in it's condition.

The tv has a chip in the plastic cabinet below the Hitachi logo, a large gap between the cabinet and bottom of the screen. Overall, this set looks like it has been previously owned and been sat on a workshop bench for some considerable time.

In any event, I am not willing to accept this tv. Please kindly arrange collection of this set at the earliest opportunity and refund my credit card accordingly."

Their reply:

"When ordering your TV you were under clear understanding that the TV you ordered was graded, NOT new. You obviously expected too much for the sum you paid.

We will inform you that, we did not hide the fact that the TV was
    graded and you bought it with that understanding. You are not
    entitled to return the TV without charge just because you do not
    like the look of the TV. If the Tv is faulty then we will collect
    the TV. If the security seal is broken inside the rear case, we will
    return the TV to you.

If you are not aware of the sales of goods act, you should contact
    your local trading standards."

My reply:

"According to your website "Graded means ex-stock, damaged packageing, mail order returns, etc."

It does not say that units are cosmetically damaged, ex-repair or second hand.

Had it done so, then I would not have ordered this set.

It is by pure chance that the tv arrived in one piece, since it was so badly packed in to the incorrect box.

Without being patronising, like you have; I'm keen to point out that by saying something is 'Graded' does not automatically follow that it should be anything other than new. The set you delivered to me was far from new.

Trading standard's view will be the same as mine - you are misleading customers.

Please collect this tv set within the next 7 days."

Their reply:

"Please note that under our terms on the web site, it
    mentions that you will be charged £295 for the return
    of the TV if it not faulty, unless you arrange delivery
    yourself. Make sure you insure the TV because you are
    reponsilble for the safe transit of the TV."

I attempted to send it back using my own courier but there two problems. It had orginaly been delivered by TNT, whose receipt shows a total weight of 65kg. It was well over this. The total was over 90kg, making it prohibitly expensive. (They have no worries about ripping off the courier then?) Secondly, they wouldn't have accepted it for delivery because of the state of the box and packing. I emailed a third time to the retailer, but was ignored.

I have now had to take the matter up with the credit card company to try and get them to refund the money.

Don't be tempted to buy any set from these sharks. Their use of the word 'Graded' covers far too many things than just damaged packaging and mail order returns. The set they delivered to me looked well warn, as if it had been in for repair numerous times.

I thought I had read on the forums sometime ago of a couple of people being pleased with their tvs from this company. I've either made a mistake, or it was a miracle!

6. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Sorry to hear about your trouble with this mob.
    Sounds to me like you should never had excepted delivery forcing the courier (TNT) to return it to the sender due to it's bad packaging.

That way you are well within your rights to claim your money back from your credit card. I think, as it stands, you will be left with either a TV that is substandard or have to pay the £295 to return the TV to them.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think your credit card company will have the same view that the goods should not have been signed for when delivered as they were infact wrongly packaged.

I hope you do get this money back and hopefully these con artists are forced to reword thier web site to better inform the public.

As I said before, it sounded a little suspect to me without even reading the whole terms of the site.

7. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very sorry to hear of your trouble simon 1, i emailed the company yesterday and asked them if it was possible to visit their premissis
    i recevied a reply today saying yes i could visit and pick the set i wanted and they would even set up the set i wanted so i could check the pic and sound qualityand i could also take the set with me as long as it would fit in my car. I also read a couple of other
    earlyer postings about this company some very good some bad.

8. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0