1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest way to get Sky+ content to my PC for editing?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Mark Ward, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I don't currently have Sky+, or have Tivo or HDD Recorder.

What's the cheast way to get Sky+ content to my PC for editing. Obviously I realise I'll need extra Hardware:)

Mark.

2. midlandswarrior

midlandswarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1, PVR pc based card (ie happuatage PVR 250) this can be used to capture the video in from the sky source or similar tv capture card.

I purchansed this solution but has lots of problems with audio sync so gave up. And you also need your pc on to record programmes.

2, dvd recorder to capture to dvd-ram etc eg panasonic dmr 50. 60 etc (can get dmr 50 for £230)

I have a dmr 30 and have recently purchased a dvd writer (panasocin witer II, dvd-ram/dvd-r/rw writer - £85) for my pc so i can produce the menu on my pc and as the drive can read dvd-ram recorded on the dmr30 i read the files in edit as needed and produce some very professional looking dvd's on dvd-r for good compatability.

I usually edit on the dmr-30 and then transfer to pc as it seems quicker for me.

Im sure more options will follow but these are from my experience