1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest way onto LIVE!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by phenom2003, Jul 13, 2003.

1. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much could I get onto LIVE! for? are there any deals which include routers and the LIVE! pack, if not what ae the cheapest routers which work on LIVE!

thanks,
    Rich

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Quite a vague question really. It's dependant on your area. Seeing that your in swansea I would suggest trying NTL broadband. You can have ntl 600k as long as you don't want to host lots. for that you would need 1meg which has up to 256k upload.
    NTL also do a router included in their one of their packages. It would work out cheaper to buy your own though if you plan on keeping it more than a year.
    By the way you would also need the XBL disc & communicator which the price varies fromplace to place on the web.

3. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm already on NTL 600k, sorry forgot to mention that :blush: . I was on about just a router and the starter pack.

4. Maff UK

Maff UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No deals that I'm aware of...

A good cheap router for cable is the Netgear RP614 - I'm using one on my Telewest line and paid £55 for it 9 months ago, so it should be cheaper now... Try www.ebuyer.com

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you do a few searches you will find plenty of posts on Routers.
    Personally I use a DSL router I got for £30 from www.microdirect.co.uk with my NTL 600k broadband connection.

Its great and I also have my laptop and PC upstairs going through it.

I keep saying this but once again for the record I dont really see the need to spend a fortune on a router when you can get a great piece of kit like this for £30. I bought it at the beggining of the year so not sure if they have any more in stock though....

I have not seen any bundle deals on routers and Xbox llive. My advice is shop around for the best deals you can get the starter back and the router for individually.