• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cheapest way of watching sky across 2 homes

rmiah

Standard Member
for about 6 months i'm living between two flats for business purposes. I don't want to be without my sky hd in either. Both have the sky terminals in the wall for sky plus. I have access to 2 sky hd boxes What i'd like to know is what is the cheapest way to access sky at both place.

1. Can i simply plug in a sky box in each flat and take my only viewing card with me depending where i'm staying?

2. Can i get a multiroom subscription and take one box with me and permanently set it up in the 2nd flat for 6 months?

Any other ideas, as you can tell i'm reluctant to pay two full subscriptions.

Thanks

muzstar

Standard Member
for about 6 months i'm living between two flats for business purposes. I don't want to be without my sky hd in either. Both have the sky terminals in the wall for sky plus. I have access to 2 sky hd boxes What i'd like to know is what is the cheapest way to access sky at both place.

1. Can i simply plug in a sky box in each flat and take my only viewing card with me depending where i'm staying?

2. Can i get a multiroom subscription and take one box with me and permanently set it up in the 2nd flat for 6 months?

Any other ideas, as you can tell i'm reluctant to pay two full subscriptions.

Thanks

Multiroom requires the phone line to be plugged in to insure the receivers are used in the same location.

If your not subscribing to movies or sports then you can take your card with you whenever you go. However if you do subscribe to movies\sports then you'll need to take the receiver too as it requires the paired receiver`

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
It should also be said that being able to record and use the pause/rewind features also requires the card to be paired to the box.

TBH asking Sky to pair a card to a HD box shouldn't be too difficult, just tell them the box was replaced by a third party as it was faulty and they'll pair the card with no problems.

fredsie

Established Member

Thanks

At first sight this seems a fair way to do this, since you'd only be using your subscription at one location at a time, but for some reason Sky won't allow this. They prevent it by insisting that cards and boxes be paired, with a card only being paired to one box at any time. :(

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Your best bet is to take the Sky HD box as well as the Sky card with you to whichever flat you are living in. That way the card and box will always be paired together, and as long as you aren't going down the multiroom route the box doesn't need connecting to a phoneline. The only downside is of course that the flat in which you aren't living won't have a Sky box in it, so if anybody else is there they won't be able to watch Sky at all, even the Freesat channels.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom