Cheapest UK electricity tariff

mrmhf

Who’s the cheapest energy provider at the moment in the UK on a fixed tariff and what’s the rate? We’re looking to switch and need a great tariff for our ASHP.

neilball

There’s no such thing unfortunately as all providers vary their rates by region. So you need to use a whole-of-market comparison site to see what the results look like at your hone address. I use the Cheap Energy Club from the Money Saving Expert website.

mrmhf

Thanks guys. The comparison sites never seem to have great deals.

I’ll check out MoneyExpert.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Many comparison sites, by default, hide suppliers they can't switch you to and get the kick-back from. So you need to deselect their filtering...

Ofgem recommends these but the same filtering problem applies.

Compare Gas & Electricity Prices - Citizens Advice Energy Comparison does show all suppliers.

Check out MSE's energy forum for the potential suppliers. Some have unique 'problems' that you may not want to suffer, even for the cheapest energy. ;)

brunation

Who’s the cheapest energy provider at the moment in the UK on a fixed tariff and what’s the rate? We’re looking to switch and need a great tariff for our ASHP.

There’s no such thing unfortunately as all providers vary their rates by region. So you need to use a whole-of-market comparison site to see what the results look like at your hone address. I use the Cheap Energy Club from the Money Saving Expert website.

The key is to know your yearly usage. I use a spreadsheet and just do it manually.
There are Bulb and Octopus Energy threads in GC.

The comparison sites never seem to have great deals.

For some value of great .......

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
ESB energy is worth a look (obviously it’s region dependent as are all suppliers). I currently pay 11.16p per kWh fixed until the end of this year.

Adam M

I pay 8ppkwh fixed on octopus with 0 standing charge but that’s due to having a Tesla/battery/solar panels.

typically I find octopus to be the best overall.

i have a referral code for a mutual £50 if anyone wants to use it.

for electric cars they are unrivaled.

Adam M

17 isn’t crazy, it’s about normal.

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
17 isn’t crazy, it’s about normal.

It will be crazy if that’s the cheapest I can get when I look for a new deal in October, as that’s over 50% more than I’m currently paying :eek:

In 2007 I ran a large Marine fish tank and remember paying 6p per kWh. The increases in energy prices since then have been ridiculous.

Adam M

Sounds like you have a pretty good deal before.

elec standard tariffs are 16-18. What frightens me is gas.

last year around feb/March I was paying 1.4ppkwh now that same variable tariff is 3. Luckily I fixed at 2.17 but come April I’m going to get a shock.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom